Need suggestions on care taker

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by sanravi_1970, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I am sorry, Vishranthi is only for women. I shall try to get numbers of homes or nursing people soon.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi san,

i have a different opinion (may be it is only a different perspective). You can leave your granpa with a relative as a paying guest. Or u can just enrol him in the senior citizen homes for a month or two. u only have to pay deposit.This takes care of lot of issues - like he will not feel lonely, he will have like age members to relate to, other facilities for the senior citizens is there.

In my opinion, u can have a 24hour nurse/caretaker, if somebody else is going to be along with your grandpa, otherwise, it is a difficult decision. As far as I have come across most of these 24hours nurse/caretaker take people for ride if u are not having someone to monitor them. (Again this is personal opinion after seeing series of caretakers coming to take care my husbands chittappa)

If you are interested in the old age homes.

here is

<LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo5; tab-stops: list .5in">Anbaham, CSI home for the aged, Beasant Avenue, Adyar, Ch-600020 <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo5; tab-stops: list .5in">Association of Senior Citizen's Resorts, East Coast Rd. Muttakadu PO, Kovalam (via), Chengai-MGR District 603112 (Rs.90,000 for a two-room suite; Food, electricity, and maintenance charges on dividing basis (around Rs750 per month) <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo5; tab-stops: list .5in">K.J.Home for the Aged, 19, Guruswamy Road, Chetpet, Ch.600031 (Deposit Rs3000, Rs.800 per month for board and lodging.) <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo5; tab-stops: list .5in">Mary Clubwala Jhadav Home for the Aged National Council of Women in India TN Branch,
    Greenways Road, Rajaannamalaipuram, Ch. 600028 (Rs.750 per month, towards rent, and service charge for a cottage. 10 mths rental as deposit. Residents make their own arrangement for food)
    <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo5; tab-stops: list .5in">Naya Jyoti Charities Trust.Contact: Dr. M.S.Srinivasan, 11 (Old 4) Kandaswamy Street,
    R.A.Puram, Chennai 600028. http://members.theglobe.com/mssrinivasan
    <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo5; tab-stops: list .5in">Pithamahasadan, Madras Chinmaya Seva Trust, Tamaraipakkam, Vengal PO, Thiruvallur Taluk, Chengai MGR District, 601103, (off at 2, 13th avanue Harrington Road, Ch.600031)
    (Deposit Rs.1,20,000 Food @Rs.450 per month)
    <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo5; tab-stops: list .5in">Sai Charan Senior Citizen's Home, 29, 27th Cross St. (M20/1), Beasant Nagar Ch.600090
    Homes at Adyar and Palavakkam
    <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo5; tab-stops: list .5in">Santhi sadan, Madras Seva Sadan, 7, Harrington Road, Ch.600031 (Refundable deposit of Rs.30,000 gr.floor, Rs.25,000 first floor Boarding Rs.1,750 per month) <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo5; tab-stops: list .5in">Sathyalok Ideal Home for Senior Citizens, Chettiar Agaram Porur, Ch.600116 (Eligibility: Happy person over 60, having cordial relationship with family, able to devote atleast 2 hrs per day for welfare of handicapped children Dormitory: Rs.750 per month, cottage for couples Rs.800 per person per month including food and accommodation, Refundable deposit: Rs.10,000 Refundable advance: 3 months rent and food expenses). <LI class=MsoNormal style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo5; tab-stops: list .5in">Sri P.Obul Reddy Senior Citizens Home Andhra Mahila Sabha, 12, Durga bai Deshmukh Rd.
    R.A.Puram Ch. 600028, (Deposit: Rs.20,000 Single room Rs.1,000 per month per person. Food charges Rs.900 per month -vegetarian a list.
    Again the decision is solely yours,your mom and grandpa. Ultimately he should be happy and feel happy.

Have a peaceful time. hope your mom comes and takes care of things without any tensions.

Happy time knitting and enjoying pregnancy.will surely wait to see your efforts in the knitting corner.

3. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanthi

Thanks for ur valuable post.

I too feel unsatisfied with care takers cos of the same reason u said, but my mom and grandpa had this idea, so i asked u all.

We r seriously trying only in old age homes now but they demand lots of non refundable amount, which makes us to hesitate, of course if there s an urgent need then u have to go for that,still we have some time, so we r searching some more places.

I surely will post the pic (if the sizes fit here) of the knit works i do for my baby soon, i have not yet started.

Thanks agn for the list, i got some from sulekha too..

Hope god helps us in some ways...

4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Caretaker without the supervision of a family member...that too for some months is not a good option. Better not totake the risk.

My suggestion is...if there is a good Old Age Home, some admit for a month or two also. You can talk with them and arrange things. It is risky for an old man to stay at home alone with a caretaker. Homes are different. Many people of his age group would be there. He would be more secure. You can arrange for a room for him in such a place. If some local friends or relatives are there...they can go and meet him. In case of emergency they can be contacted. Think about it.

Syamala