1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Need suggestion for post surgery extruded disc

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by lopapadhi, Oct 6, 2010.

1. lopapadhi

lopapadhi New IL'ite

Hello,

I got a slipped disc at L5/S1.. So immediate surgery was required which we did, because entire my left leg was severely paining from back (the pain was more than a delivery pain). Now I am asked to take rest. We have a small 2 yr 9 mth daughter.. I had low back pain since my delivery but all in a sudden in one afternoon i was watching television by lying down then got up and found my leg is paining.. The pain got immense day by day. I couldn't able to stand/sit.. even lying down on bed was also paining. So finally on fifth day, microsurgery was done for the prolapsed disc and I am able to walk now. But even it's been one month now, there is still little numbness/cramp in the leg and I can't sit more than half an hour and walk/stand continuously, it's only at home I can manage. But the big doubt I have is, I didn't get the cause of the slipped disc. I never do any heavy work, just only do the cooking, simple necessary household work. I work in the software field.. Does long sitting cause this problem? Now I am more concerned that, it shouldn't reoccur.. Doctor said it may not happen at the same place but you never know it might occur at different location. what should I do, so that this sort of problem shouldn't reoccur. It's more like a nightmare now. Even I doubt if we can have our second kid, since I feel my back will not be 100% as like before.
    I welcome all worthful suggestion/info ..

Thanks

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

there are exercises in yoga one of which our ortho too recommended to prevent slip disc. You can learn it from a trained yoga practioner and practice it in the morning and evening which will help you prevent the problem.