Need suggestion for baby boutique business for my mom

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by sayoni, Feb 9, 2010.

1. sayoni

sayoni New IL'ite

Hello All,

This is for my mother. My mom is in kerala with my brother. She mostly sits idle at home and feels bored. I want her to do some business. But she doesnt have a big amount with her to invest. Can you suggest me what kind of business will be suitable for her? And can she get loan for doing a business.

There are so many dress shops in our area, but there is no single baby boutique. And we never get baby garments of good quality there in any shops. So i think starting a baby shop will be a good idea.

But both of us dont know the ABCD of business. Please guide me and give me suggestions. I realy want to do something for my mom.I want to take out the boredom and loneliness from my moms life.. pls help...

Regards

Sayoni

2. griget

griget Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I am staying outside india and i know few international braded companies that deals with kids clothing. If any one is intrested we can start doing business togather. I can supply you in wholesale. let me know

3. rsabirami

rsabirami New IL'ite

Hi,

could you tell me the details about this, how much i should invest, I am also staying outside india - in europe. Planning to start an online-portal. It would be great if you could give me some ideas

4. Chinnu16

Chinnu16 Senior IL'ite

Hi Sayoni & rsabirami,

We are wholesale suppliers of women and kids apparels and if you are interested to deal with please do PM me for more details or check my contact details in the below link.

Buying / Selling Online - Indusladies Directory

5. panidepu

panidepu Senior IL'ite

Hi sayoni,

Your idea is great and appreciate your interest to help your Mom.

Baby botique is really nice idea. Yes, u are right, its too hard to get right thing for a baby. Not only apparels but also other accessories.

Now I could remember a famous saying "Real entrepreneur will invest their ideas not money"

First decide on what products you would like to concentrate (apparels, toys, accessories etc.,) and you can find 'n' no.of options.

We can segregate customers based on their region or age. In this way you can get various option like only toddlers/ new born/ children upto 3 years and soon. This will help you to narrow down your target and develop niche.

Tips:
    1. Try to get related magazines and this will help you to update your knowledge on latest trends and happenings in the industry.
    2. Do some analysis -- visit stores (retail) nearby and observe what are the products available and what are not and make some notes of it.
    3. Find out some suppliers for your project and talk with them. Understand the business process.

Dont worry about investment. Now Government is encouraging women entrepreneurs and providing loans with minimum interest rate.

All the best.

regards,
    Anuradha