1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Some Medical Suggestions For Kid

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by sanjuruby3, Oct 5, 2023.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

My kid has really crowded teeth and small mouth for that. She has lost all her baby tooth except one- two.
    Because of small mouth, there are like 2 rows of teeth. We went to orthodentist, he said just inserting braces would overcrowd it more, and push those out and would look.
    She needs to get alteast 4 adult teeth out , not really on back but 3 from front. I was so scared, 4 teeth out and 1 baby teeth he is asking.
    Then 3 yr process for braces. He said gaps for extraction will be covered by other expanding teeth. Also since she is small, they might have to sedate her and 2 weeks healing process :-( .
    it is making me cry.
    any one experience with this.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Get more opinions.

3. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

Agree with @MalStrom . Get more opinions. If you are in the US, the first orthodontic consult is free. I got opinions from 7 orthodontists for my daughter before fixing one.

How old is your kid? Usually if there is crowding, they first put in expanders to expand the kid's jaw bone so that the adult teeth all are able to fit after jaw bone expansion. Braces are second step after expanders.

I havent heard of any orthodontist recommending any adult tooth to be taken out (except at times just the wisdom teeth).