Need right Suggestion

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by pushparamireddy, Jul 10, 2010.

1. pushparamireddy

pushparamireddy New IL'ite

Hello Friends,

How are all?My name is Pushpa,i am staying in USA and i am in my 35th week of pregnancy.I will explain my issue and i would like to suggest some of the friends here.

Actually i am on H4 visa.Before i came to here i was working as a software Engineer .After i came to here thru my family friends i got one E-commerce website project.I searched over the net and i found one comapany name i will reaveal that comp name later.Then i spoke to that person and i explained my business then he sent an invoice with 1800$.I piad 50% amount .then i seen the it is bit complex and time taking so thats why he asked to increase the amount then i given a word i will offer 3600$ more than that i cant.Still few more on the project and it is coming to end .actually he told me with in 4 weeks delivery will happen ,but it took 18 weeks,i keep on explaing the things ,repeated bugs are coming,really i struggled a lot to explain them during my pregnancy.

Now he is block mailing me i have to send 9000$ for the project .otherwise he will put a case on me.That way he is block mailing .But there are no written aggreement or sighned document from my side as well as from my client also.

I have invoice i got from that guy with his original sign.that is the scanned document .But explained honestly everything to my client.

And when try to make a call to this person,he is not lifting the phone since one month what to do i dont know.

I send a mail like this to that person .

If you are not attending the call.how can i believe you? ,how can i send the money to you?.That to ,you are demanding more and more money than the intial amount what we disucussed and the more over the project is not completed,There are lot of Errors and i will show screen shots on importent Modules.Not all the functionalities are done so far as per my requirement ,I tested today alsol.I never and ever worked with this kind of people so far.I struggled a lot with your developers to explain the things due to lack of Communication skills with your developers.look, i am very clear about this once you finish the project i will pay the money ,we dediced to work earlier . or i will take legal action against your company , I have few voice calls recored and i have Invoice with NDA.First Receive my call or you will have to talk to my lawer soon.

Really from client also i am not getting that much amount.Every delay is from this guy side not from my side.

So friends ,dont beleive this kind of persons .I dont know what kind of response he will give.If he approached client also , the client may not respond why because me and my client have good understanding .and i have given the clear picture about this person and the project.

Really ,i worked very hard to anayse,desighn the project.please give me an idea,i thought of not responding to his mails what you ladies think.

Please suggest me friends

Thanks

2. pushparamireddy

Hello Friends,

Really i am in tense regarding my issue with offshore team.please suggest me how to get the project.Reaaly i worked very hard to desighn analysis and testing.

Please give your suggestions friends.I am waiting for the Reply.

I am thinking before the delivery i would like to populate that project over the net.

Thanks

3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Pushpa, Your post is very unclear and cant be understood at all. For one thing you cant work on H4 visa period.Nothing can change that. Can you explain all this in clear words.How did you do this project and why are you paying the consultant.Try to be more specific and clear.

4. pushparamireddy

Hi ,

[JUSTIFY] I got a one E- commerce project from one of my friends company.I searched a freelance designer to do that project.I called to that freelancer company and i explained my client business then he sent a quotation with so and so amount,with time duration 4 weeks.But he could not able to complete that project with in 4 weeks.But when he shown the template that time he asked me to pay 50% amount .I send that amount immeadiately.Ok then i told to that guy ,his developer is not able to communate with me properly,he is hardly understanding the functionality due to lack of English.Then i asked that developer to come online ,In our mornings i used to explain to that guy with Desktop sharing.If i asked to hookup submenu the developer is sending a mail back to me like that is not possible ,this is not possible like that .Then i called to the owner of that comapany ,if i ask some change your developer is saying like this etc etc i explained the position.Then he said we will do it mam.I clearely mentioned to that developer and owner of the comapany In USA,the tax caliculations ,creditcard security every thing will be there so please becareful while doing all thsese things otherwise we can not populate that site like that.If i found bugs and sending the document fix this bug that bug like that ,but they used to ignore and i keep on repeating to fix this that etc .Finally with my force they can able to fix allmost all the bugs but they took 17 weeks .His developer is left that i came to know allmost three weeks there are no updates.Here my client is asked me when you will deliver the project etc .I used to convince my client it is taking bit more time like that.Finally it came to end just with one bug left.I keep on Meanwhile the freelance developer asked me mam,it is taking more time ,bit difficult i need more money,I too understood his problem i given a word i will give double the amount what we discuused intially.I stand on that word till today .But if called to that freelance owner he is not lifting the phone since 20 days and i send a mail send me invoice i will send you the rest of the money and handover the project etc.Now just 2 days back he replied me he wants 5 times more amount then only he wil handover the project otherwise he will cancel the project .But really i am also not getting that much amount.Here one of the tester is testing that site ,i have to pay to her .I also worked very hard during my pregnancy on analysis,desighn and testing as well as on data Entry.So,that is my problem.But i am not willing to pay the amount at all why because if he increase the amount ,i can not increase the amount for my client that is not ethical.So what to do friends ,but i need that project.But that is not that much worthy to pay whatever the amount he is demanding .Because i know as an IT person. The delay is not from my side ,the delay is from his side .

Thanks

[/JUSTIFY]

5. chocolate

Pushpa, First of all being on H4 you shudnt have done what all you did. You will get into serious trouble becoz of this.Try to complete that project yourself and hand it over. Hire some interns to do it.Have your client give them feedback about their work and finish it and hand it over. Do not in future do this.You cannot hire or work on H4.You didnt think of consequences and now you are not legally entitled to file a case against the company you hired to do the job.
    In case if you want to work,get into a workable visa and do it.Good Luck.

6. pushparamireddy

Thank you for your valuable suggestion mam.
    But i didn't given any written agreement to him.Just mail communication only i have.But i have his scanned invoice number with his original sign.I didn't sign on anything .I will complete it but now i cant because i am 36 weeks pregnent .Meanwhile let us see what will happen .I think definately he will approach my client ,but i explained the whole situation to the client too.So now i am bit relaxed .

Any way thank you so much mam.Really i thought after completion of this project i may get at least 2 thousand dollars but it is also gone .But i got the experience on business analysis that only i benifited.

7. chocolate

Pushpa,Dont stress yourself. Hire some interns and have your client give them a referral for their work. Interns can be very useful here and they do hard work for something they dont get paid but for to get a good reference. It will work to your advantage.Hire them and jumpstart the left over part of project and monitor their work. In the sense,if you have any Universities in your city put an ad in your local newpaper or website for intern positions and get some response.In that way you can have the interns consult you for project from time to time.You can also keep them on their toes and finish the job.Good Luck.