1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Need Receipe for people staying abroad

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Blossom, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Blossom

Blossom New IL'ite

Hi

My husband is in US. He is fed up with the pizzas there and want to have some receipes taken from India that would last in US. For Ex: He wants to prepare some podi. I have also heard people taking vathakozhumbu(roasted in oil) only that stays good for long time..

Could you please let me know some good receipes.

Thanks!
    Blossom

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Blossom,

Welcome to IL. Please ask your husband to register as a member here on IL. He can then have access to Mrs Chitra Vishwanathans recipes. They are all fool proof and even a person cooking for the first time will get excellent results.
    She has given various vathakuzhambus, milagukuzhabus, karakuzhambus , pulikachal, simple easy to prepare rice dishes etc...

Please go to the Ask Chitvish section and browse through her recipe index.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ask-chitvish/668-check-here-the-recipes-index.html

Also with regards to Podis, it is better if he gets it from India( grinding the podis in the American mixer will not come out well.). Depending on which part of the US he is staying, some times the Indian grocery stores do have Ambiks paruppupodi etc... available. He can buy that.

If you can let us know in which part of the US he is in, The local ladies in IL from those places can come up with more suggestions including names of people catering SI meals.

Vandhana

3. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Blossom,

I Am Mrs.Sundar, here my ID is krishnaamma and I welcome you to this wonderful site. I saw your mail and I can feel your problem. Please go through my thread in Miscellaneous Forum and click for House Made - Ready made powders to Make cooking easy and see. And also please give a look on my another thread, 'Kitchen tips for newly married and settled in abroad'.

And another thing, he or even you can make puli paste and give him. That will help him a lot. To get my recipe on 'puli paste' click here.

I think thatwill help you. Give me your feed back and if you need more help please give me a personal message.

Dont worry.:) :) All the best.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007