1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need information on women's organization - Help me friends!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by nalinibba, Nov 14, 2008.

1. nalinibba

nalinibba New IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    My name is Nalini, my native is coimbatore, i got married nine months back (i.e) on 24.02.08. Mine is a love marriage. We both proposed to our parents but of our parents opposed even my husband's parents & sister got love marriage, after so many struggles we made our parents to agree for the same.
    My husband after marriage he doesn't want me to go to my family's house anymore, b'cas of thier opposition for our marriage. I cry everyday because i feel he is taking revenge against my parents. i refused b'cas he is staying with his parents who also opposed the same, why should i ?
    My mother-in-law started dowry torture , my husband not supporting me . He also started beating me & left me in my home. kindly provide details of any women's organization in coimbatore who will help me

2. smitha123

smitha123 New IL'ite

oh god. reach a police station.

3. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Hi Nalini,

Your situation could turn even worse at any time. It's best to get help as soon as possible. Below is a link to another part of the Indusladies website where some people have posted phone numbers and contact info of different organizations that help women who are going through domestic violence, dowry harassment, etc. See the post by Tulasi, she has posted a long list of places in India that will help you. Also, you should go to the police right away and let them know what's going on. Just make sure you are safely away from your husband and inlaws after filing the complaint.

Good luck Nalini. Stay safe!

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/married-life/15595-help-establish-global-helpline-il-2.html

4. diya123

diya123 New IL'ite

First of all tell ur parents about ur situation,, they are ur parents they need to know whether u r happy or sad, no point in hiding ur situation in front of ur own parents. Second dont ever ask ur parents to give dowry what ur in-laws/hubby are demanding, tell ur parents they are demanding it but u never want them to pay. Give ur hubby a warning that u will call police next time he hits u, if he does not listen to it get out of that house as soon as possible and stay with ur parents.... tell ur hubby he needs to behave as he was before marriage with u, not harass u in anyway. If he listens then fine or else if i were u then i would walk out of this marriage.

5. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

Before you approach a magalir kaaval nilayam or a vakil or any women's rights organization, be aware that your relationship with your husband & in-laws will become even more strained as a result. So, if you want to remain married to this guy (who doesn't sound like a catch at all if he is beating you), you will have to wait this out.

BUT, if you are done with this marriage - and I feel that you are - your best hope will be to approach a magalir kaaval nilayam and file a formal complaint of dowry harassment against your MIL. They will register a case and will guide you to an appropriate resource to pursue this further.

I am so sorry that this happened to you, Nalini. Hopefully, you will come out of this a stronger woman. Good luck!

6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Dowry Torture and he beat you and left you at your home? Meaning your parents home?

If you are alone, please call the police at the earliest. There is no justification for dowry and physical abuse.

7. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Now a days, the law is protecting women in various ways with some new laws. So, dont worry...file a complaint against them and go to your parent's house. You should have known about him and his family before marriage. See, how the things havebeen changeed after marriage. Better late than NEver.....try to take the help of women rights organizaiton. Dont know how far you will get help from them, usually they get used for bribes from the other parties side.

Take your parents help and if your legally registered your marriage, then fight for the share frm his salary or earnings and property aswell.

All the best!!