Need information about teaching jobs in US

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by evolving, Jul 31, 2013.

1. evolving

evolving New IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone was in my situation ever and what have they done. I am a software engineer by profession. I have around 5 years of experience in java development and a masters degree as well. Now, i have a 8 month old baby and i resigned after she was born. I want to go back to work. I have some teaching experience as a graduate teaching asst. i wanted some feedback as to how teaching profession is in US. I do not have a ph.d. I liked teaching though and everyone liked me as a gta. I wanted to know how much salary can i expect. Also, how is the work pressure and the how many hours do i have to spend typically per day. I have a friend who teaches in a liberal arts college and she hAs 2 days off every week, excluding the weekends. I like that very much..since she has time for her baby and herself too!

Also, i am welcome to any other suggestions people have about work schedules after a baby.

Thnks in advance!

2. Anamika99

Anamika99 Gold IL'ite

YYou need special course to go through if you want to teach in highschool and under.
    But if you have MS degree just keep applyign to relevant position at community college.

3. suseelee

suseelee Junior IL'ite

firstly I say that I am from the Brazil, I did an English classes in college, after then I moved to the USA to become an English professor, I qualified in the USA because they do some things in a different way than the UK does. So I advice you to get training a professional branch that related to UK or trained you a better way.