Need information about Orgamed

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by VjVid, May 6, 2010.

1. VjVid

VjVid Silver IL'ite

Hi All,:hiya

I am having irregular periods and my doctor prescribed me Orgamed. I have recently moved to US and hence couldnt reach my doctor to clarify my doubts. I would like to know anyone have used oragamed? and can we use even if we are TTC and it wont affect conception?

2. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

Orgamed is a brand name for medroxyprogesterone. It is also sold under the name of Meprate. The drug is basically progesterone which is a female hormone. This progesterone is secreted during a woman's luteal phase. The drug acts as a contraceptive in females who are fertile and is prescribed as part of fertility treatment for women that show an inadequate luteal phase. hSG testing is performed to check the presence of certain antibodies related to the same. The hSG test has been known for false pregnancy results indicating a pregnancy but it is not known if errors occur in showing a person positive. It is important to know weather a person's male partner has been tested for infertility and until and unless the actual cause of infertility is established no particular course of action can be determined.