Need high class but small kalyana mandapam in chennai

Discussion in 'Places & Events' started by VANAJAMANI, Dec 7, 2013.

1. VANAJAMANI

VANAJAMANI New IL'ite

Dear friends,

This is my first post in IL.

I need a small but high-class kalyana mandapam in chennai for wedding of my only daughter. expecting about 200-250 people to attend. need A/C rooms at least 8 to accomodate guests. willing to pay upto $1.5 to $2 lacs per day. It should be posh so that NRI groom and his family are happy.

Any suggestions please?

Regards

Vanaja

2. VANAJAMANI

VANAJAMANI New IL'ite

I found SS Kalyana Mahal when searching the Internet. Anyone has any feedback about this mandapam?

Vanaja

3. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

2 weddings in my family happened at Balasubramanian Hall in Mylapore, near Yellow Pages on Radhakrishnan Road. I don't know what you mean by small, but it was definitely enough to accommodate 250 people. There was good car parking and I believe all the guest rooms there had A/C. It was a very nice hall.

If I remember right, it cost around 1.5 lakhs per day I think, but we got it at a discounted price because we went through someone who worked at IOB, a couple of people from IOB are the ones that own the mandapam. The rates may have changed now, since this was almost 4 yrs ago that I am talking about.