1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with choosing vessels please

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by sunitha, Mar 31, 2007.

1. sihi

sihi Senior IL'ite

Some great tips from everyone here.

I too try to minimise the use of non-stick frying pans.....I have one flat bottom deep pan which I use the most for making upma, stir frys etc. I don't remember where I bought it, but it is a Farberware one.

To cook rice, I use the microwave rice cooker too...esp for rice pulavs, vangi bhath and other mixed rice items. The rice cooks well without being sticky in that.

And for cast iron skillet - I am looking around to buy one too, because I had read that its good to use cast iron as we get some iron into our food that way. Here we also get some pre-seasoned skillets which I am planning to buy. . I found this link in Target....Target : Kitchen Essentials® from Calphalon® Cast Iron Round Griddle - 10.5".

Regards,
    Sihi

2. sihi

sihi Senior IL'ite

3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot,Jothi,Savideva and Sihi.

Yes,I will look into all the links and try to get the best one.:-D

4. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sunitha,

Today I saw your thread and many replies. Here I want to suggest you one thing. Do you have 'Prestige Cooker Pan'? you can use that to fry. When you are going to fry once in a blue moon day, this will help you. I will use this when I need to prepare more 'fried' items during functions.

Try and tell.:)

5. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot,Sumathi.That is a good suggestion,only problem is ,I don't have a pressure pan.

I am still looking around since I am not in urgent need of the said vessels:)