1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with choosing vessels please

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by sunitha, Mar 31, 2007.

1. sihi

sihi Senior IL'ite

Some great tips from everyone here.

I too try to minimise the use of non-stick frying pans.....I have one flat bottom deep pan which I use the most for making upma, stir frys etc. I don't remember where I bought it, but it is a Farberware one.

To cook rice, I use the microwave rice cooker too...esp for rice pulavs, vangi bhath and other mixed rice items. The rice cooks well without being sticky in that.

And for cast iron skillet - I am looking around to buy one too, because I had read that its good to use cast iron as we get some iron into our food that way. Here we also get some pre-seasoned skillets which I am planning to buy. . I found this link in Target....Target : Kitchen Essentials® from Calphalon® Cast Iron Round Griddle - 10.5".

Regards,
    Sihi

2. sihi

sihi Senior IL'ite

3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot,Jothi,Savideva and Sihi.

Yes,I will look into all the links and try to get the best one.:-D

4. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sunitha,

Today I saw your thread and many replies. Here I want to suggest you one thing. Do you have 'Prestige Cooker Pan'? you can use that to fry. When you are going to fry once in a blue moon day, this will help you. I will use this when I need to prepare more 'fried' items during functions.

Try and tell.:)

5. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot,Sumathi.That is a good suggestion,only problem is ,I don't have a pressure pan.

I am still looking around since I am not in urgent need of the said vessels:)