Need help to get into the publishing industry...

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by ashwinishenoy81, Feb 8, 2010.

1. ashwinishenoy81

ashwinishenoy81 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies (and Gentlemen if any)!!

I worked Yahoo Search Engine Editor when I was with Infosys between 2005 to 2007. Basic job profile was to edit the ad copy submitted by web sites wishing to appear on Yahoo Search Engine results and to ensure the keywords are appropriate for the site. In 2007, I quit my job for personal reasons. Last year I moved to New Jersey,USA along with my hubby on L2 visa. I like to write and I want to enter the Publishing industry - maybe as a copy writer, proofreader or as assistant editor. I have applied to several places with no luck so far. I know I am not the ideal candidate but I am willing to begin humbly if need be. If any of you have some ideas on what I can do to get atleast one foot in publishing, please do share your suggestions. Better yet, if any of you work in a publishing firm in NJ, can you help me land a job? I have been maintaining a personal blog for more than a year and which I am willing to show as my writing sample. I am also willing to work one month without pay so that the employer can see if I fit the bill. Since I don't have a car as yet, I am basically targeting Central New Jersey. Thanks in advance for whatever help you can suggest.

Regards,
    Ashwini