1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

need help on planning a menu

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by joylava, Sep 7, 2007.

1. joylava

joylava New IL'ite

hi friends.

I plan to give a party for my wedding day as well as my birthday which falls this moth on the 18th..:)

I have invited some very close family kinda people around 6 people for dinner..

I need ur help on deciding a decent Menu..We r southindians and the person coming is old and much more experienced than me and i cant match her culinary expertise..:confused:

I planned on making chinese,but felt it would be too greasy, again north indian roti+sabji or any gravy+basmati rice/pulao is so very common..:idontgetit:

I want to try something new and exciting -be it American or Italian or a mix of everything.. i am really confused..:confused2:

PLS HELP :shaking:
    Thanx in advance
    joylava

2. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Dear ,
    chitra madam(chitvish) is the perfect person for this to answer,so send her PM also.
    to my knowledge, for south indians u can prepare aloo subji,bisibellabath,
    then pizza,noodles,cakes/muffins,icecreams,pasteries,soups. if u go for northindian aloo paratha,paneer subji. all the best & advance wishes.:2thumbsup:

3. veenapoo

veenapoo New IL'ite

Hey joylava,
    Chithra has already posted party and get together menus in Ask Chitvish. Go there and have a rocking time getting compliments.

4. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

:idontgetit: wat is Ask chitvish?! How to go there?! Is it a website address?!

5. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Dear Joylava,

Pls go to the following link and you'll have the answer for all that you've asked for.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ask-chitvish/

Go to the diff threads and select recipes OR directly click on to the Menu thread and go thru the diff recipes OR even easier go to Ask Chitvish thread and post a query to our Dear Chitvish. Just go there and you'll have all your queries / doubts cleared within seconds. For me, she is Magical.

why don't you experience it yourself??? go to the link right away....

Love,