Need help modifying a web page?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by coralanderson, Mar 11, 2011.

1. coralanderson

coralanderson New IL'ite

I am trying to implement a system whereby people can 'pledge' a single vote/week to a thread.

But I have no idea how to do it as I have very limited knowledge on how to do this. Any suggestions?

Basically it is a requests sub-forum, and each member will be allowed one request/week.
    I was thinking about something like a 'Thanks' button, but it can only be used once a week, and you can only use it on the first post in each thread/the thread itself.

Thanks!

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Coral, nice idea. Currently members can provide comments on the various threads in our suggestions and feedback forum to show their support for an idea.

Restricting it to just one might be helpful if people are just supporting several ideas without much thought into it. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Our members are being thoughtful in adding to only those suggestions that they feel will help the community overall.

At this time, lets use the tried and tested comments option to provide support for an idea. The custom feature can come down the road when we have more members and this system doesn't work anymore.

Malathy