1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice/sugeestion on what i should i do

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by vidu24, Jul 11, 2010.

1. vidu24

vidu24 Silver IL'ite

Hai friends
    Iam starting this thread to share my feelings on the issue i faced yesterday. Before i begin the story i have to tell about me. Iam married for 5 years staying in us away from my in-laws. My DH is the eldest son with i younger brother and sister.
    My BIL got married 3 years before and they visited us and spent sometime. They left to india very happily(according to us).
    The problem i faced was i usually call my inlaws every week once or twice. Like that i called them yesterday, she didnt respond to me very well. when i asked about it she gave me the following reasons:told by my sil(DH brothers wife)
    1. I did not respect my sil(DH brothers wife)
    2. I was very close with my family and not treating both the families equally
    3. I am not moving well with my sil(Dh sister) etc

I gave her my explanation saying it is not true. and also i called by sil(DH brothers wife) and spoke to her abt this. Her version is completely different. Iam in big confussion whom should i believe and what should i do. Pls suggest some ways.

2. saathi

saathi New IL'ite

Since you don't know your co-sister very well, dont make a mistake of believing her completely and thinking that your MIL is the culprit. And vice-versa.

You are too far away to know exactly what the truth is.
    So, call your MIL and tell her that you spoke to the co-sister and she apparently refused to have said anything. Make sure that your husband is listening to this conversation because the last thing you want is your MIL calling your husband and telling him that you think she made up the whole storey!!!

In any case, once you tell her this, stop the phone conversation.
    Since you are too far away, leave it at this. If anyone tells you anything more, just say that --- I did not feel I did anything like that. And my co-sister told me that she does not have a problem with me. There is nothing more I can do from here. Thats it. :)

Sit back and enjoy. You are lucky to be sooooo far away.

3. vidu24

vidu24 Silver IL'ite

Dear Saathi
    Thanks for ur valuable sugestion. Iam much ok after reading urs. I also think the same that i am so lucky to be away from them. I will do as u said and i will make listens the conversation. Thanks once again.