1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

need advice...should i quit or do job...

Discussion in 'Infants' started by chinni1024, Dec 7, 2012.

1. chinni1024

chinni1024 New IL'ite

hi every one, need a advice...am new here...
    i have a kid of 1 year old and currently am working...
    my problme now is to decide whether to be at home or to continue working?
    the thing is am unable to manage home and kid and office and am gettin tired
    though either my mom/ MIL are staying with me and helping out still my body is getting stressed out and daily morning i will wake up with eitehr headache/ body ache some thing or the other.
    with this thing am unable to give my 100 % @ office and my manager says i have to put more efforts.
    i dont have a father/ FIL...am thinking about long term..even now my mom/MIL helps there might be a situation where my kid goes to school and i need to pay her attention coz my mother is a diabetic patient and MIL is also not that healthy.

but 2nd person in me is saying that do job..please let me know the pros and cons
    if i take a break will i be able to join work again?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    As far as I know there are firms offering flexible timings for moms do check it...

3. VeenaRao2012

VeenaRao2012 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

My advice is for you to manage the expectation at home correctly and do your job.

whatever happens at home can change any time. I mean the atmosphere. You need another outlet/environment where you can get complimented, you can experiment, you can fight you have hope, you can dream and you can improve. So, when things are stressful at home, having another environment to feel different is nicer. Think if your job is something that can provide you this. Does your job drive you postively? Are you ambitious to grow? Do you have challanges you look forward to get to work? If so, it will help you even though it might physically tire you out. At home, don't think you have to have every thing under control. If you have to clean every 3 days instead of every day, so be it. Cooking during the week ends and freezing and then cooking again on wednesday a little bit is totally fine. It works well for me. Also ask your husband to share the work load. It is healthy and a lot of fun. My husband and I cook. My husband and kids do activities while I do the veggie cooking on Saturday mornings. He does non-veg cooking on friday nights while I spend time with kids. These all happen around kids, So it is not like a chore. It is family time with lot of fun together. These 2 things have helped me immensely. Try this out. You can always use free time. But self esteem is the best happiness and your work plays a big part for you to sustain it.

- V

1 person likes this.
  4. prettydevil

prettydevil Platinum IL'ite

Chinni.... first see what you want...jobs come and go....but health is very important

if you quit... will you regret later? will you be lacking any financial support?

also...if you quit... you get a nice health and can look after the kid.

take some days off and rest..... and then decide what you want to do.... if you are keen to work.. look for some part time job or jobs nearby.... look for some pickup or drop service instead of travelling by bus or so....

any decision you take.... Good Luck to you...

5. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

That is one question no one can answer for you.
    We can only make suggestions. How about hiring a maid to do the house work? You say that your mom/mil are helping you then do you think along with a maid it will get better?
    all the best.