1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice on newly rebonded hair care routine

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by vaishaliraman, Oct 23, 2013.

1. vaishaliraman

vaishaliraman New IL'ite

Dear Members,

I have recently rebonded my hairs with Loreal extenso from a reputed salon: jus because of i fell in love with straight hairs. They have asked me to use only Loreal extenso shampoo & mask for my hairs from now onwards.

Prior to rebonding i use to keep my hairs on natural diet(natural/ayurvedic shampoos, home care routine available right from kitchen).
    I want advice on that as i have already given a high dose of chemicals to my hairs now also i should use the shampoos as prescribed by them(those would be having a lot of chemicals in it.)

Plz advice me as to which shampoo, conditioner etc should i use now so that i can maintain the rebonded hairs as well as i can get them into healthy state as well. I always prefer for the natural treatments so can i go for natural now also or i have to resort to some chemical ones.

Plz help for the daily hair care routine for my newly rebonded hairs which i can do it at home by some home remedies etc and suggest me some tips for maintaining & strengthening the hairs so as to avoid hairfall or any other issues.

2. ValentinaBasar

ValentinaBasar New IL'ite

3. vaishaliraman

vaishaliraman New IL'ite

169 views bt no reply..... plz ladies.... help me...... i have already started losing my hairs...... nd i m thinking to grow back my natural hairs...... plz suggest me how should i go for it......

plz help ladies..... i require ur valuable suggestions nd tips......

4. Sweetgirl123

Sweetgirl123 Silver IL'ite

The reason why your hair is curly is because of the hydrogen bonds between it. We can change the texture of our hair temporary by curling or straining it when it's damp almost dry. However this will only last till we get it wet again because then the bonds align again in their natural position. So that manipulation, as long as it does not involve much heat, is on the surface only and does not damage the hair.
    when they do that rebounding process in salon, your hair changes texture (those hydrogen bonds) beyond the surface ,so your hair had some damage obviously because it has to get through the surface ( healthy hair had smooth surface). Now this might sound bad, but it doesn't mean your hair is totally ruined or anything just that it might be harder to get long hair and you might need those shampoos to get shiny hair. Many of these shampoos have ingredients that act like some glue on hair surface, that's reason why natural treatment such as oil will not have effect it can't reach through the glue. Also those shampoos need be used regularly to glue away the damage. Downside is product buildup but because of the manipulation of your hair you will probably need that.
    you are suposed to use straighten hair shampoo for first 30 days definitely. My guess is to encourage the manipulation and set it in?
    Are you losing hair or is your hair breaking? If losing hair it might be scalp problem and the scalp doesn't like those chemicals so in that case refrain from process again.
    if hair is breaking then because it is damaged and those shampoos would be advisable to conceal damage and strengthen. But hair breakage also occurs when hair is too dry.
    Any rate you need to handle your hair with extreme care because of what you put it through. Gently styling and avoid friction and other things

5. yndoncaggs

yndoncaggs New IL'ite

I have surf the internet and find that a lot of types of hair wigs now are for sale in the market now and they are made of different materials and looks really beautiful and I have bought short synthetic wig to help me change my hair style and they make me look fine.