Need Advice on calculate pregnancy weeks!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Prihegde, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Prihegde

Prihegde New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

Hope you all are doing fine.I need advice regarding pregnancy and tablets that are prescribed.

My last periods were on Feb10th and i ovulated on Feb24th using Siphene100mg tablet as i had pcos.March 18th i did a home pregnancy test and i tested positive!!:)I went to the doctor who performed a scan and confirmed the pregnancy

Am i on week 6 now? or should i calculate from that day of my ovulation.Doctor says there is yolk sac and fetal pole but heartbeat is not detected.Can you guys kindly advise me

Any response is greatly Appreciated.Please help

Thanks,
    Priya

2. HasiniS

HasiniS Gold IL'ite

Hi

Congratulations !!!

Actually we cannot count our pregnancy from the day we ovulate ... It all depends upon when the implantation happens. So the actual heart beat is seen @ 7 weeks.
    Now that you see a yolk sac and fetal pole, your pregnancy is going in the right direction :) Just keep calm for few more days and the scan should show heart beat ...

Congrats again and wish you a happy pregnancy !!!

1 person likes this.
  3. nalinidiv

nalinidiv Platinum IL'ite

heart beat is generally seen after 7 weeks.. generally after 50 days...have a big smile... u need to wait and watch dear... nothing else helps... do not worry or panic..

4. Prihegde

Prihegde New IL'ite

Thank you Hasini! your kind words made my day.Thank you...............:)

1 person likes this.
  5. Prihegde

Prihegde New IL'ite

Thank you Nalini! Am much relieved now.Thanks to you in a bunch!

6. DinkyManoj

DinkyManoj Silver IL'ite

All the best prehegde! I accept with nalinidiv heart beat after 7 weeks. So be patient and take good care of yourself be careful and dont do too much work, just relax and you'll soon see the sweetypie in your hands.:thumbsup

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Priya,
    Congrats on your pregnancy. :)
    As a rough figure the pregnancy is calculated from the lmp. It seems like for ovulation it took two weeks & assume another 2 weeks for the luteal phase. Implantation would have taken 1 or 2 days. By the end of luteal phase its 28 days(4W). So, for calculation you can assume it as 4W pregnancy.
    By 6 Weeks one can see the fatal pole & yolk sac. By 8W you can hear the active heart beat. Track your position and wait for it. Sometimes baby may take little time to settle with these ideal timing, so, don't worry. Just stay calm & be positive. All will go well!
    Sticky baby dust to you.

1 person likes this.
  8. Prihegde

Prihegde New IL'ite

Hello Dinky! Your reply had a smile on my face:) Yes will be careful and takecare.Thanks for the advice:)

9. Prihegde

Prihegde New IL'ite

Dear Vasumathy,

Thank you for taking time and explaining me in detail.When doctor did the scan she was like no heartbeat at 6weeks??? she gave me such a shocking expression which scared me literally.Will be patient and wait until my lil one settles down:) Doc has asked to come for another scan on 29th lets see how it goes..Thank you very much dear.

10. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

6 weeks is too early for hear beat. Doc could see flicker of activity in some pregnant women by then, but not with all. Only by 7W or 8W heart beat will be proper. So, don't bother until you come to that stage. Just chill, keep your mind positive & happy. That will do the good to you & your baby!
    All the best!