1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

need advice for kids sore throat treatment

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by PRIYAJI, Jan 15, 2014.

1. PRIYAJI

PRIYAJI Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

My daughter is 4.5 yrs old. She was recently admitted in a hospital for treatment of respiratory tract infection and consequential high fever. She has recovered from the infection but is still suffering from sore throat. Her throat is bruised and hence she is finding it difficult to swallow anything. I tried moong dal kichdi and soups but she is not even taking them. The only thing she had today is couple of glasses of complan, that's all.

Please suggest remedies to treat her sore throat and also provide ideas to feed her.

2. DrPreetha

DrPreetha Gold IL'ite

Hai Priyaji,
    This Amish remedy can treat or prevent sore throats. Peel a fresh clove, slice it in half, and place 1 piece in each cheek. Suck on the garlic like a cough drop. Occasionally, crush your teeth against the garlic, not to bite it in half, but to release its allicin, a chemical that can kill the bacteria that causes strep.
    Did she try gargling with salt water.Let her get well soon:)

3. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Our Doctor insists on the following point :

For gargling in salt water, one should ensure that the salt water is in throat for a full one minute length, before spitting it out. This duration is necessary for the germs getting killed. He always insists on this point, which I find very useful.

4. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

Gargling with diphenhydramine.... or benadryl...This is used by one of the chief pediatrician at my place...

5. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Benadryl is a cough syrup. I don't think, gargling with Benadryl is good. It is meant for taking in.

6. samal

samal Silver IL'ite

Ca add some turmeric and pepper powder in milk. Salt water gorgle after brushing teeth will also help.