1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Natural ways to delay Periods..Please help!!!!

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by brahan, May 10, 2011.

1. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I am travelling by car to chennai this Thursday evening (from Bangalore) and have a pooja on friday early Morning.I am seriously worried about my Period cycle and hoping that this doesnt clash with the pooja cycle.My Period cycle falls anywhere between 28-30 days but sometimes it gives me surprises.

Last month April, it was between 15-18 and the Previous Month March between 17-20.

I am trying to delay my Periods this time and DAMN sure that i do not want to take pills to delay(Havent taken till now).

I am trying to keep my Body cool by drinking Juices and avoiding Oily/Spicy foods. Also early morning i have been taking "Pottu kadalai" (the one used to make chutney) as advised by my mother. Still i am kind of tensed about this.Since today morning , I have been having slight cramps in my stomach .There is no way we can postpone the pooja as it is a long pending one and for the Good will of the family.So IL friends please suggest me some Natural methods to delay periods.

TIA:bowdown

Admin Note: Here are useful discussions on preponing or postponing periods

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/nature-cure/9083-natural-herbal-methods-delay-prepone.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...164770-best-way-prepone-postpone-periods.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/health-issues/18397-want-know-name-tablet-postpone.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...ceive/12049-postpone-the-date-of-periods.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ask-chitvish/1153-harmless-home-remedies-4.html#40

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013

2. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Hey i am sure everyone would have been in my current state atleast once ..So please help/advice.

3. NithinSrinivas

NithinSrinivas Senior IL'ite

Hope u have already tried the means to delay it...adding to it..do not panic as ur mind relaxtion levels are also bound to influence...
    • Having pottu kadalai is also a good option but since ur cycle is wavering u may not be able to have control on it...Also, my mo used to tell me to have it daily from the prev cycle date to ensure it aligns to some pattern..
    • make sure u dont have things too hot...
    • Try to have a relaxed mind
    • Also, try to avoid those food items which may tend to activate like sesame rolls, papaya...Though I'm not sure about these items..its only things tat I've heard of...
    Hope more ladies pour in some ideas...:)

4. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Thanks dear...My periods do not waver very often..If at all its just by 3-4 days.So i have a gutsy feeling that it wouldn't happen on May 13 and even if it happens, the Pooja is at Early morning. So the Probability is kind of less.Just fingers crossed.

Anyway thanks for the update on papaya and sesame seeds. Am already following it.

5. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

i too know only the option of taking pottu kadalai daily in empty stomach upto that date. eat cooling stuff. Avoid ground, jaggery etc.

6. NithinSrinivas

NithinSrinivas Senior IL'ite

Dont worry...as it for the good will of the family it will go by smoothly..:)

Yea..as suggested by Manju, groundnuts and jaggery also work...give it a shot if possible!

7. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

i mostly eat potukadalai to post pone the periods.

if i want the period to come early i will drink 1 glass of sugar water or sweets

mostly long or short journey produces more body heat and brings the period.to avoid this just cool yourself by buttermilk instead of juices.:thumbsup

8. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Dear friend,

Be relaxed.

Take pottukadalai as per your mother's advise. I had once and i did not get periods till the pooja period around 4to 5 days.

pray GODDESS that you are offering her KUMKUM.

All the best. May GOD bless you .

9. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Thank you all for the tips...So my Pottu kadalai idea doesnt seem to be Bad.Hope it works...
    I am worried about the Travelling as it may generate some heat to the Body. :hide:. Hope Lord ganesha gives me the oppurtunity to do his pooja this friday.

10. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Sreema,

Should i pray to Lord Devi for this???If so how should i make the offering. Can i get Kum Kum box (with KumKum) and give it to a Devi Temple????