naming of hindu-muslim baby girl - please pour in suggestions

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by RedRuby, Jun 10, 2014.

1. littl

littl Platinum IL'ite

laugh1smiley he always likes everyone's posts but replies some. now you got him , but where is he : :crazy

anyways hmm a mixed name ... :idea ->

Asha,Seema,Jasmine,Neha,Kiran,Roshni,Parizad,Pari hope these makes sense. :)

and i thought a good name " Alisha lakshmi " :biggrin2:

2 people like this.
  2. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

@littl:
    I will track him down :boo: and force him to write this time hugsmiley no escape...

ya... mixed part makes it more tricky. Kiran is my fathers best friend .. soo.. nope
    Neha we already got one ...
    Isnt Asha meaning hope? short and sharp good to match with a second one :)
    Seema is really cute.. buuuut... its hebrew or aramaic.. hubbies gonna kill me if i come up now with christian names on top of it :biglaughon the other hand its really cute... lets see how long im gonna survive if i add to list :crazy
    Jasmin.. know too many its pritty name and thats the problem with pritty names... too many have them, same case was with layla, and Aaliyah... liked them both so much but its so common .... im afraid i go to playground call my child and 4 will come :rotfllike baby-multiplication... call one get 3 for free...

Parizad is interesting i googled the meaning and its aaaaaaaahhwwwwww cutie cute means born of the fairies ..... will ask hubby what he thinks (and check list of names of female relatives again)

Alisha Lakshmi is not a bad shot!!! Actually thought of something similar like that, like Soraya Anjuli or Saranya Ariona (ya know i forgot the muslim part here.... was just brainstorming) or Soraya Aishani

Will note all the new names and try to come up with some pritty combination :)

... please pray for me my daughter wont curse me later for my creativity...

1 person likes this.
  3. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

How about mehek?

1 person likes this.
  4. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

How about Nysa, Nyah

1 person likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I love the name SANA or SANAYA.

It is a hindi muslim name

1 person likes this.
  6. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

@Shrutimanjunath: thanks a lot for popping in and suggest nice names :) Mehek is already there in family but i will note Nysa and specially Nyah as its nice one. do you have information about the origin and meaning of the names?

@Anika987: guess what, i even liked the name Anika itself :D its on the extended first brainstorming list ;) seems its quite popular in western countries as well, pritty name you have :)
    Sanaya is really good one too, was bit afraid it cud be mixed up with the singer shanaya twain and heard it will be connected with afro-american culture, basically no problem im just afraid she will be misunderstood and has to explain always (as shes half / half already and will have to explain enough), what you think? i see you are in US so do you hear it often there??? ...but had this one on list too as its sound is so feminine and beautiful.. will tell hubby again.

1 person likes this.
  7. gayushiru

gayushiru Silver IL'ite

Here are some names I have heard from my circle of family/friends who are mixed culture couples:

Maya
    Tara
    Manasi
    Shaila
    Lathika
    Tanvi
    Lila
    Prisha

1 person likes this.
  8. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Mehr... Learn about this name. U might like it.

1 person likes this.
  9. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi, thanks a lot for your suggestions :)

i already thught about Maya and Lathika, second one is really nice one but i wasnt too happy with the meaning.. its still on the first list.. im not sure what to do with that one. beautiful sound but the meaning is lil creaper.. im really insecure..

first one was on first brainstorming lis too, heard its very often there but still i like as its somehow cute. Tara is the name of one friends daughter :) cute girl.

Lila is already there in family thought of that too in form of layla or leila as well (in this case very close relative...) liked that name previous to marriage a lot :( but too often (playground issue) and family... ggrrr...
    Shaila is good one :) it means river doesnt it or is it speech? im confused. Will add to list :) what about Shyla version? isnt that daughter of mountain? is that too modern american and popular again?
    Im afraid at the end it sounds to american (westernised).... im like :bonk

again thanks a lot for your suggestions :) really sweet of you

10. gayushiru

gayushiru Silver IL'ite

I think Shaila is a name for Goddess Parvati - it is in one of her prayers. Shyla does appear westernized. It was initially on the list for my baby. But my DH did not like it.

Another variation is Shyvee/Shaivee - one of my colleague recently named her daughter that.

I also haven't decided yet. I have shortlisted 5 names - but DH cant make up his mind.

1 person likes this.