Nadaraja Statue in the house!

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by vasthraa, Jul 17, 2009.

1. vasthraa

vasthraa Platinum IL'ite

Hi guys
    Is it ok to keep Nadaraja statue in the house as a decorative piece. If cannot why - religious n if any scientific reasons pls. Thank you in advance :hiya

2. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

You can keep one by all means- either as a deco piece or as an object of worship.

3. minnusai

minnusai New IL'ite

Hello vasthraa

Have heard somebody advise my friend to give away a nataraja idol showpiece to some temple....to avoid unnecessary arguments in the house between family members...

the reason that old aunty (brahmin) said that that was a pose of shiva in his angry moods...

do reconsider and check with other IL friends:coffee and then decide

4. vinaa

vinaa New IL'ite

You can keep as long as you do pooja for 5 times a day.

Basically, mostly, in our Hindu tradition, we tend to avoid Lord Shiva statue because we need to strictly follow the pooja perfectly.

In any case, do not keep this as a SHOW PIECE. If you want to keep as a show piece keep as a picture rather than a statue.

5. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Yes ! just as vinaa says it is not good to keep statue in the house especially made of grantite or bronze or panchalogam. My Guru often tells me to avoid keeping statues. If the statues get activated some how or other one has to be cautious about the prayers.
    Jaya

6. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

My suggn is for not keeping at home, any vigrahas bigger than 1.5" in puja room as it would call for regular abhisekams, pujas neivedhyams etc.
    However, as Nataraja posture is so beautiful, so balanced, so full of energy that it is but natural anyone would like to keep it at home. Incase Nataraja statue is kept purely as a show piece at home, it is advisable to keep Sivakami, his consort also along. This could keep His 'anger' under check.:)
    Seriously, this advise was given to me by some well meaning elders years back.
    My sister has kept a small Sivakami, who seems to be in full control of the situation, despite being not even half the size of Nataraja.
    Rgds,
    Rrg

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009