1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

naa avaan ilai

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Huma, May 8, 2007.

1. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

i saw this movie yesterday on the net. it was tamil film..... the guy cheats five women and ended in the court-room. i feel sorry for the women but sometimes i think men cheat women who are gullible. i think also men would love this movie.

did any of you ladies saw this movie and what do u think?

bye

2. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Hi Huma
    Thats exactly what the film tries to say, and in the final scene Judge Lakshmi also says it quite clearly, "as long as there are dumb women, there will be con men out to defraud them". What I dint like was the tone , like, is that a licence given to crooked men or what - that the women deserved to be cheated ???

This movie is supposed to be a remake or re-working of an old Gemini Ganesan Movie. As though we dint already have enough 'araikkafying of araiccha maavus, now wholesale remakes too !
    Dont know anything about that old one. May be it did well then. Gemini's image as a Casanova , both in real life and in reel life, might have helped it. The story is about how this hero goes around fooling and seducing innocent, gullible women and then deserting them, after looting them. I can understand female characters falling for Gemini- twinkling his merry eyes, throwing back his curly forelock stylishly, laughing a colgate laugh and wooing the women with breezy PB Srinivas melodies. But now, who this THIS ? The chap looks like a distracted shopboy packing pottukadalai at the corner kirana shop. :icon_frown:Now dont get me wrong, I'm not saying pottukadalai -packers cannot have girlfriends. But richie rich businesswomen, Mohiniattam dancers, Judge's daughters, Property developer's sisters and the like making a beeline to stick their necks out for his fraudulent thaali, aargh !, a bit too much to swallow.
    In this day and age, not one of those girls ( and many unseen ones too, according to a dialogue) are shown to have a shred of commonsense. And the police too can't find anyone else other than the girls in this whole wide world who has ever seen the chap anywhere. ( and there were scores of guests coming and giving presents at Malavika's wedding !) The height of imbecility is the pious widow believing that Lord Krishna spoke to her ( thro a microphone)asking her daughter's hand in marriage. Too bad she dint have a cellphone.
    The biggest minus is the boy, with exactly two expressions - a leer (for the girls) and a sneer( for the men). His dialogue delivery is worse than a primaryschool boy's recitation of multiplication tables. Now I'm starting to wonder if he is the producer's son or the director's brother !
    The only line I liked in the whole movie is when the silly sneha tells her mom that she is a fan of that fraud and Judge Lakshmi retorts in lightning speed : "Very poor taste". Right !

manjula

3. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,
    I haven't seen this movie, but saw the trailers and few songs.
    That guy is not desevered to be a hero. He doesn't have any hero looks at all.
    It looked funny when 4 girls are dancing around him.

-Punitha

4. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Re: naan avan ilai

I saw this movie last week and surprise...surprise... I kinda liked it. Yes,it is easy to believe girls falling for Gemini in the original version(which it seems did not do well at the box office),but still I liked this hero. I liked the story too because firstly, it is different and secondly,by the end of the movie ,we almost believe that the hero is not the one who cheats the girls''Naan avan illai' . This hero 'Jeevan' is the one who was introduced as the villian in 'Khaakha Khaakha'. After this,he acted as the hero in 'Thirutu payale' which also was a hit because of the different storyline and hit songs.

5. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

naan avaan ilai

Manju,

I could not agree more with you.

First this fellow does not deserve to be a hero and he is like a parrot throughout the movie telling Naan Avan Illai. Full Stop.

In todays world, educated girls falling for such a fellow - cant believe it -- I see that most of todays young girls are smart enough to know what they want from a guy as well as in life -- this was pure junk -- started off interesting but later on just trash material.

And I wonder why Lakshmi and Sneha agreed to the act in the film in the first place.