1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

N E S T

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Thyagarajan, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

N E S T ​
    While on a trip to UP with his wife, mr X's wife saw a nest of a baya (a type of bird) on a roadside tree and said, “Bring me that nest; I want to hang it in our courtyard.”

Mr X ordered the security guard accompanying him to fetch the nest. The security guard requested an illiterate boy there who was grazing sheep nearby that if he could get that nest, he would give him ten rupees in return. But the boy refused. Then Mr X himself went and offered fifty rupees to the boy, but the boy refused to bring the nest and said,

"Sir, there are baby birds in this nest. When the baby's mother brings food in the evening, she will be very sad, so no matter how much money you offer I won't do that.

Mr X later wrote elsewhere regretting all his life why an educated IAS officer did not have the thoughts and feelings that an illiterate boy used to think?

Mr X further wrote that-
    All my degrees, IAS post, prestige, money all turned into dust in front of that illiterate child.

Life becomes enjoyable only when there is sensitivity along with intelligence and wealth. Mr X is none other than the late
    Shri T.N. Seshan who was the Chief Election Commissioner.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Thyagarajan Sir,

There is an Eagle nest on top of the Temple's main sanctum sanctorum in our city. While appreciating an Eagle flying above the temple during Kumbabhisegham, many devotees wanted this nest to be removed from the top of the Temple Gopuram. After consulting many scholars, the Temple Management Committee decided not to disturb the nest and leave it as is. For the past 15 years, the nest is in tact unaffected by the storm or any other disasters. The sensitivity is important to every life.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

Thank you sir for the beautiful response that turns mind rapturous.
    Regards.