Mystical north east !

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by cutemonster, Aug 7, 2012.

1. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

mithun is a very common animal which is very popular in whole of north east, it is reared for its meat and no festivities are complete without a mithun sacrifice. it is also the state animal of arunachal.
    The state flower of arunachal is lady slipper orchid which is very beautiful flower.i dont have pictures of it but sharing some beautiful flowers i saw !

Attached Files:

5 people like this.
  2. cutemonster

The people in galo and adi tribe also have a unique pattern for naming their kids , it is said that the pattern has been around for more than 40 years.
    say the father's name is tamo, the son is named mojen, daughter as moyum, mojen 's son will be named as jenjum ,jenjum's son can be named jumli , jumli's son and daughter will have names starting with li and so on.
    this is something very unique which i saw only in arunachal.
    although many people these days are keeping modern names also but mostly people still keep traditional names only:)

2 people like this.
  3. Hachiko

Hachiko Gold IL'ite

Hi Cutemonster,
    I had no clue about North East India before! But after reading your post and looking at the photos,I was truly amazed and attracted to this region.I have been to South India before and hopefully in future I will get an opportunity to visit North East India.Thank you for shedding so much information about this region,their festivals,activities and etc.Looking more from you ...take care

1 person likes this.
  4. cutemonster

thanks for the fb hachiko!
    I am glad you liked my posts and you must visit NE when you get a chance.

5. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

hi
    Been never to any northern states,but your lovely write-up with pics make me to feel I'm travelling through.
    Hope you will take me even more a distance.So might be useful if chance to make my trip next year when DS finishes his 12th.[​IMG]

Thanks for start-out.:)

2 people like this.
  6. cutemonster

thanks fo the fb saroj, im glad you liked arunachal!

7. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cutemonster
    I could empathise with you missing the lovely North east the school picture itself shows what we miss in metros the clean green peaceful environment....

Lovely write up dear it touches a chord for those who have been there even for short duration... Wish You all the best

8. Aruna972

Aruna972 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Cute monster (I like your profile name ;-) for sharing these with us. The seven sisters are gorgeous. I have been to Assam and Nagaland...I could not take my eyes off the hills, the greenery or the massive Brahmaputra. It is sad to see what is happening there today. I have started a cafe' by the name: 'Save North East' in this new site called Cafe4tune. Please ask your friends to join this site and you too to be a part of this campaign. In the wake of thousands leaving other cities and heading back home, they need an assurance from us that they are safe here.