1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MyBlog -50 (Half century...Yay!! ;))

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Pragmatic, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Pragmatic

Pragmatic New IL'ite

Successful 50 blogs, Half century complete :) Yay!!! a pretty respectable number, it deserve a special attention :)
    My 50th blog must narrate something interesting to my IL friends, hmm let me think & dig in some past incident...the one that still lingers in my mind n gives goosebumps! :p

Few years back, I was extremely excited when I got selected in a Bangalore college to do my PG. Traveling from my small town to Bangalore was a dream come true. I made friends easily and studied hard thinking my parents are spending huge amount of money on my higher education. There were times when me n my friends use to study/practice programs overnight in the institute lab coz our computer lab was accessible 24/7. Computer Typing

Our exams were nearing so almost entire class decided to stay back n work all night to complete the project. At the midnight my group took a short break and went for a stroll in the corridor to keep ourselves awake. All of a sudden the Fire-alarm instrument caught my attention. I jokingly pointed towards the alarm and asked my friend "Looks like this alarm is age old ...I wonder if it ever works & is still active" and touched the glass panel slightly...whoom whoom whoom whoom whoom whoom whoom whoom whoom :spin
    Gosh! what did I do! Why is the alarm buzzing, I just touched the glass cover...I could see the students/instructors running towards the ground, security guards came running to perform a quick check in all the classes and our lab assistant called the fire station n police.

My God! Within few seconds the mum college environment turned into a crowded /screaming area. Tears started rolling off my eyes. The first thought that came in my mind was 'JAIL' thinking that now I would be imprisoned for my deed , I will bring bad name to my family, I may also be pushed off from my college, my hard work n dedication to study will go unnoticed n numerous such thoughts made me uncomfortable. shakehead

The firestation guys arrived n did the instant check of all the classes, reception area n labs. They tested the buzzing alarm and found that the glass pane was loose which caused the false buzzing. Fixed it , announced the false fire-alarm n left. Everyone calmed down. Our night duty teacher came and asked ...who tried to tamper the alarm. Now I could not control n started howling like a baby confessing the act. I told him truthfully that I just touched it and had no intention to tamper it. The instructor smiled and consoled me ...'Don't worry child, I know that! the firefighter guys have fixed the alarm but hereon do not get curious about the alarm esp at the wee hours...Go back to your lab n complete the project or instead , I would suggest you all to go back to the hostel n take a quick nap.

Relieved, we came back to the hostel but the incident had wiped the sleep out of my eyes...I thanked God for saving me n decided to curb my weird curiosity about sensitive artifacts. Huh! What a day! Till date,wherever I spot alarm I try to stay miles away from it tsk...who knows, this one is also a loose device which can create havoc for no reason.

Happy to be a part of IL and Looking forward to my 100th/Century post :)

Cheers
    Pragmatic

2. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

Hi Pragmatic
    Let me the first one to congratulate on achieving this feat.
    This sure is real feather in your cap. I hope other bloggers will also follow suit.

Regarding the fire alarm you were up to some mischief.Is it not?( joking)

3. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

yooooohoooo !! Good going Pragmatic and keep it up !
    u r a curious cat :)

4. Pragmatic

Pragmatic New IL'ite

Thank you Manchitra & Knot2share :) Cheers n warm hug :)

5. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Dear Pragmatic,

Congrats on crossing 50 blogs !!!:thumbsup
    The fact that you write quite often is truly admirable,-one who loves to write can keep the passion of writing alive only by writing frequently !!!

regards,
    "HAPPY"

6. Sinolchu

Sinolchu New IL'ite

Hey Pragmatic, congrats on our half century. I too would have been scared in your place :)

7. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Pragmatic,

Congratulations on your 50th post. May you hit a century soon.

Very good narration. I was just glued reading the piece. Curiosity kills the cat...good example of this proverb. He he he

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hey pragmatic,

Congrats on hitting your half century..

It reminds me of my son who will start no mom, i just want to do that, but this happened....

9. Pragmatic

Pragmatic New IL'ite

Thanks 'Happy' and Sinolchu!!! :)

10. Pragmatic

Pragmatic New IL'ite

Thank you Lalitha and Shanvy :)
    The encouraging comments from all my IL friends are big help in my writeups :) thx!