1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MyBlog -49 (My little effort to take care of my elderly mom...)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Pragmatic, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Pragmatic

Pragmatic New IL'ite

After I got married I flew to USA within few days. Later I went back to India after three months of my marriage when I got the news of my father's ill-health. Dad expired last year.

Since then, my mother appears so pale and dull. She is an arthritis patient & the constant pain adds trouble to her frail health. She is living with my elder brother's family but since brother n bhabhi are professionals and their only kid is away at school during day , I can sense my mom feels lonesome most of the times. Though my brother n bhabhi take good care of her but she is home alone most of the time. I feel the loneliness is causing depression in her and affecting her health as well. The other day I asked my hubby if we can get her here in US to bring a change in her routine boredom. Moreover I am not working here so I can spend quality time with her. I can try to keep her occupied and divert her mind from negative thoughts. We are yet to plan the visa and other things keeping her frail health in mind.

My mom is an elderly lady and her appetite has reduced now which worry's me more coz she is becoming weak day by day.

I wish I can bring her here for few months and try taking extra care of her. May be spending more time with her, paying more attention to her diet n health, new environment & providing a little jovial surrounding may lift up her mood n health. Though I can't do much living in this far land but I can definitely make little effort to take care of my elderly mom.

I sincerely wish & pray that my plan, of bringing her here & making her stay comfortable n joyous, works out well...:|

2. Saswati127

Saswati127 Senior IL'ite

Hi Pragmatic,

You have taken a very good and wise decision. Even I also bring my mom to stay at Delhi for 3-4 months, and then return back to bhaiya and bhabhi. By this, she has some change of mind and environment.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Pragmatic,

Pray to god, you are able to bring her and take care of her...

A little more attention, activities are going to bring in a great change... ..

4. S Priya

S Priya Senior IL'ite

Hi prags,

I too wish and pray to god that u succeed in bring her to to place, it be a change for her health, good idea keep it up i have been following ur blog ur such a bubbly person , keep posting take care prags

5. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Dear Pragmatic,

I can identify with your state of mind completely.

Although my parents are employed now and lead a very busy life, they have paid me a visit a few months back. When they will retire and will be too old and no one else is there to take care of them [both me and my brother live far away], I am thinking of bringing them to my home and take care of them. I am going to do that.

Regards,
    "HAPPY"

6. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

When the thought has come to your mind just go ahead and do your best. Hope everything turns out well .