1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

My Works

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by music1, Feb 3, 2010.

1. music1

music1 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you so much pritygp,sugi,sunitavinod,Sunitha,Rekha,Sudha,lee50 and Varmaswathy.:)

2. music1

music1 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you so much Raji chechi.Naatil July beginningil pokum.Thank you for enquiring about the classes.Number kittiyal nyan pokumbol contact cheyyam.:)

3. sharadau

sharadau Gold IL'ite

dear Sangeetha allthe frocks very good.

4. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Wow.You have an amazing talent.I liked the white one very much.Great.Thanks for posting.

5. smitarubinsson

smitarubinsson Gold IL'ite

Very nice frocks, i'm very jealous because i don't have a girl.

6. sandhyaprasad

sandhyaprasad New IL'ite

hi music..
    mindblowing works....i like 4th dress n last one...i have a 3yrs girl n intrested in stiching.if u don't mind.will u give pattrens for the 2 frocks and procedure.
    thanks in advance.

7. music1

music1 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Kanaka,smitha.......:)

8. music1

music1 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you sharada:)

9. music1

music1 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sandya,
    Glad that you liked my works.The 4th one is a short dress made for my daughter who is 2yr old.I do not have any draft patterns for the same but can guide you thru the procedure.Take the usual measurements required.The top part was done using the pintucking method.Here is the link for the same
    Make Pin Tucks! ? Learning Sewing | BurdaStyle.com
    do it on the material before cutting.take the measurement from her upper chest where you want the straps to start till her waist.Attach the straps accordingly.For the ruffles cut the material in round shape Like the donuts.That way you don't have to pleat them to make ruffles.When you cut one side and straighten it the bottom part will form ruffles automatically.Just decide how wide you want each tier to be and cut them and attach to the underlying a line skirt part.I usually do not fold the material for hemming for the ruffles.Just do a close zigzag stitch with the widest stitch.It will look more or less like the hems done using sergers.The last dress is actually a party gown done for my friends daughter who will turn 4.The flowers on the top are made by cutting rectangle shapes stripes of the material,doing the hems as i have mentioned earlier and doing a running stitch at the bottom and pulling the threads tight.Sew together the open sides.You can also fold the stripes horizontally and stitch the bottom sides first before doing the shirring to give a puffed flower too.The bottom part material came as the same (you get them at joann in the home decor section.I just cut the material in a A line pattern and attached pearls at the intersections.If you do not find the material there let me know and i will explain how to do it because you get such material in very limited colors.I did another one myself coz i did not get the color i wanted. Hope i was useful.Feel free to ask any doubts.:)

10. ash18_g

ash18_g Silver IL'ite

Hi

Wow!!! all are very beautfiful.... very proffesional finishing.. thanks for sharing.

Ashwini