1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My wish for my country … kids point of view

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by smilealwayss, Nov 19, 2015.

1. smilealwayss

smilealwayss Gold IL'ite

Had a casual discussion with my son and his gang of friends [all under the age group of ten]. We had a great time with lot of activities like discussing what they do in school to singing there school prayers to demonstrating how they take the pledge in the school assembly. Then casually the topic shifted to “My Wish for My Country”. Lots of wishes were expressed : from having pokemon research labs in our country to getting beyblades in the kirana stores, from having no lessons in class to all time play hours at school, from getting rid of dal-chawal-sabji menu to always pizza and burger menu. With all these kid like wishes there were some wishes which were heart touching and unexpected from kids of their age. The following are the excerpts of our discussion written from the kids point of view.

India is my country and all Indians are my brothers and sisters. Then why is it that I go to school every day and many of my brothers and sisters have to sell colouring books and such stuff at the traffic junction or carry the big sand bowls at the construction sites? When asked why my parents say that I am blessed to be going to school where as their parents are not able to afford sending them to school.
    My wish for my country is that all my brothers and sisters should be able to afford going to school.

I love my country and I am proud of its rich and varied heritage. I shall always strive to be worthy of it. Yes! I love my country but am not proud of the fact that many parts of my country are not neat and clean, that many people have to live on the roads or the railway platforms with no food to eat and with no clothes to wear, that the rich and varied heritage of my country like the famous temples and the monuments are spoiled by the pitiable sight of the beggars.
    My wish for my country is that EVERYONE should feel good and happy being in our country just like I feel good and happy being at my home which is neat, clean and filled with all the necessary things which I need.

I shall give respect to my parents, teachers and elders and treat everyone with courtesy. Why this is not followed by all. The elderly watch man at the restaurant or the big shops ought to be treated with respect too. He helps to park the vehicles in an organised manner. He could be greeted or at least smiled at for the great work he does on his part despite his age.
    My wish for my country is that each and every one should be respected for whatever work they do as we are taught that no work is inferior or superior.

To my country and my people, I pledge my devotion. In their well being and prosperity alone, lies my happiness. Saddened we feel when I and my pals heard that Maggie noodles can kill the children. Very insecure we feel when we hear the news stating that a whole building collapsed. Frightened are we to think of travelling in the train which seems to blast any time. Nervous are we to board even our school bus, whose floor can break any time. Mom says its bad to play with toy guns but we hear incidents of shooting and bombarding all time.
    I wish that my country should be a nation full of TRUST. When we can trust each other we can together make our country the BEST IN THE WORLD.

JAI HIND