1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Unicorn Prince: Chapter 9

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Shalumurthy, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Shalumurthy

Shalumurthy Gold IL'ite

Chapter 9

“Leila! Are you alright?” Poorna was petrified when Leila’s face went pale. Her eyes had rolled back and she seemed as if she had seen a ghost.

Leila gasped for air when she was pulled back into reality. She panted and held Poorna’s hand as she steadied herself. “What happened!” was all that Leila could ask.

“What happened? You are asking me? What happened to you! I was scared!” Poorna was on the verge of tears.

“I was simply…watching and…” Leila was trying to recollect her memories.

“…I don’t know it was some kind of a vision or something I don’t understand!” Leila simply laid her head back on the car seat and she breathed heavily.

“Omg! That’s was so scary! Pranav has wreaked your very soul! We are seeing a doctor tomorrow!” Poorna simply brushed aside Leila’s protest.

“Don make me pull you through your ears! Oh here we are!” Poorna jumped out of the car.

Leila saw a cozy warm café nestled amid greenery. It was so beautiful that she could weep. She had never seen so much beauty earlier. All through her life was scars and more scars. The past incident in the car was simply forgotten as she got down from the car and froze as she saw Ranjith emerge out of the café door.

“Not again!” Leila simply bowed her head and started walking away from the cafe. “I better keep my distance if I’m going to learn to be strong!” Leila mumbled as she hugged her sari close to her bosom.

Ranjith had not missed the look of awe when Leila saw his café! He was mesmerized by her! Poorna had called to inform that they would be stopping by to hand over few important document so Ranjith was prepared but he was not ready to handle her vulnerability. He could sense that there was deep sadness about her. She moved him for unknown reasons and he was still trying to understand why his heart galloped when he saw her.

Her face was etched in his memories, but he was not able to understand why and how. He wanted to hold her and comfort her but he’d barely known her. He wanted to see how her lips would taste against his. Ranjith was shocked at his own senses and how they had reacted towards her presence. He had to stop giving her so much thought but he simply couldn’t stop himself from walking towards the door.

“Hey, who’s that?” Anita nudged Fathima! Both the ladies were equally interested as they had never seen Ranjith watch a girl so intently!

“I’ve never seen her around! Might be his relative or friend?” Fathima simply shrugged her shoulder but Anita was not very convinced as she could sense Ranjith’s stare was more than friendliness.

“Hey Poorna!” Ranjith gave a warm friendly hug! Poorna smiled as she handed over few documents.

“Here, I’ve handed them over! Now we are leaving for our brunch!” Poorna responded.

“Why don’t you guys have a friendly brunch here in my café?”
    Ranjith couldn’t stop himself from asking.

“Hey that’s a very cool idea. Wait let me ask Leila to come over.” Ranjith simply stared at Leila and Poorna having a very animated conversation.

After some time Leila simply followed Poorna with a defeated look. After all her cousin had won the argument.

“Come on, I’ll show you guys your table!” Ranjith was secretly happy that Leila accepted her cousin’s offer.

As Ranjith took leave of the ladies after showing them their table, Leila relaxed.

“Why are you so worked up? Ranjith is a very good man! You should relax more often!” Poorna made herself comfortable in an over sized couch.

“You know I can’t relax, ever since I’m here I seem to find myself somewhere near him!” Leila made wild hand gestures before Poorna took hold of her hands. “Chill sister! Ranjith is a gem and I can vouch for that!”

“Well that what they told for my Husband! And look where I am!”

Just then Poorna received a call on her mobile.

“Hey I have to get this. I’ll be right back and by then why don’t you see around the café!” Poorna headed out while Leila started admiring the cool interior of the café. They had been decorated in pastel shades and designed in a very elegant manner.

Leila was stunned when she ran into Ranjith once again. She had not noticed how she had walked into his office simply observing and admiring the café. Leila had to hold Ranjith’s hand to steady herself. Ranjith was equally stunned but managed to apologize.

“Please don’t! It was my mistake, I never realized I walked into your office. You café s so beautiful!” Leila apologized as she was walking out of the office!

“Why do you avoid me?” Ranjith’s question made Leila stop and before she could move he held her hand once again but this time firmly so that she couldn't run away from him.

2. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Held her hand?! So soon uh!! Pls dont make her slap him.. poor Ranjith :p

3. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Vow Superb... No words...

4. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

Wonderful update Shalu ...you narration of the mindset of Leila is awesome

5. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Did he ask that .. poor Liela..how can she say she does not want to commit the same mistake again..And Ranjit guy seems pretty straight forward .. how romantic.!!..:banana::banana::clap2::clap2::facepalm::facepalm:
    --PS

6. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame