1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My troubles are going to increase - But I don't mind :-)

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sweetshreya, Aug 29, 2013.

1. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

I wanted to wait till my favorite festival of Janmashtami to break the good news to everyone. After TTCing for 2 yrs, I'm finally pregnant. Already in my 5th month. A huge big THANK YOUs, in advance, for the good wishes that I know will come pouring in :thankyou2:

I'm so happy and DH is happy too. He has improved a lot. Being nice and helping and caring (which he always was when there were only two of us). When we came to know first time, he told me that he take care of me and never allow anyone to hurt me again. That he was wrong in many previous occasions and he will never repeat, etc etc. There were some petty remote control actions from dear MIL after that. But as they say 'decisions taken in anger and promises made when happy are never to be trusted' turned out to be somewhat true. But that couldn't and wouldn't dampen my spirits.

My major concern now is that due date is in peak winter. Even when both parties are eager to come and help, I'm worried. Not only about myself but more so about them.
    - Mom may have some health issues. My granny cannot tolerate even the Maharashtra winter, so mom being her daughter, I'm worried how she will do in these horrible negative temperatures. (I myself have faced some breathing problems and had to rush to emergency once.) Moreover as dad is working, he will have limited leaves, so they can be here for not more than a month or so.

- Asked DH whether his parents will be able bear the cold, he said he is not worried as they are quite healthy. That point being cleared, misgivings are only about how I/we will do. Being cooped up in small 2 bedroom apartment for the whole day with MIL, with no where to go, not even morning/evening walks, inside tempers are sure to rise, hot winds are sure to blow. The picture itself makes me feel faint headed. :spin

Both my parents and in-laws don't have visa yet, so who will come when is still a question that is being dodged by both of us. SIL is already in the country, so she is the greatest danger as of now. [​IMG]

But even that is temporary, for I'm sure I'll handle things much better this time, armed as I am with 2 yrs worth of experience, advices, suggestions, solutions and good wishes from my IL friends. :queen :party

3 people like this.

2. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations :party.

5 people like this.
  3. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear SweetShreya Sister,

Sairam, Please accept our heartiest Congratulations!!! May Baba bless you with a Happy and healthy Pregnancy Journey. Take care

4 people like this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear and Sweet Shreya,

A million congratulations!!! Very very happy for you. Take care. God bless.

-R

2 people like this.
  5. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Congrats, Dear!You have enough days to worry about.Enjoy your pregnancy now.

2 people like this.
  6. prettydevil

prettydevil Platinum IL'ite

Hey... Congratulations!!! very very happy for you dear.

What a better day to share such a wonderful news :)

Wish you happy, healthy and safe pregnancy :)

1 person likes this.
  7. prettydevil

prettydevil Platinum IL'ite

hey... don't worry , IL and we are always here to listen to you :hiya

Hope your MIL does not want to learn how to use internet ;-)

5 people like this.
  8. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Shreya! Hope you have an uneventful and easy pregnancy.

1 person likes this.
  9. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Shreya,
    Congratulations...you seem to be on the right track with humor as your aide:)

1 person likes this.
  10. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sweetshreya,

congrats on your pregnancy..
    u said ur parents might not come...if they can seriously tolerate the weather ask them to come and help u for a month and as ur in usa, it would not take more time for you to recover coz i have seen ladies who 've had c section starting their normal chores after 15 days. Even if u need any help dont hesitate to ask ur friends or neighbors (later u can ask them sorry). you will get nannies, post partum doulas at different rates. You can talk to them and hire them if you need continuous hourly support for your newborn.

If ur inlaws r coming, though u might have some restrictions, blah blah prblems ..u will always get minimum help from them. post delivery ur only concern will be taking care of urself and the baby.. neglect all the unnecessary things or talks they do.. Dont concentrate more on them. You will be in post partum phase and just let them cook and do all the works for u. take rest until they have leave your place.

My due is also in winter march 2014. but in my case nobody is coming here that time. I will be managing to get help from spouse and friends.neighbors.
    Had my inlaws come then i wud have also faced the same like u, but i think what will be more important for me is my health(rest and recovery) and my baby.

Even if some one comes from our homes, i would rather pretend to sleep all the time or indulge with my baby for bF,caressing,burping blah blah.. so that they dont get time to interfere with me.

i wud just ignore everything when my bundle of joy is in front of me.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    3 people like this.