1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Translation of Osho's Book Released - I Seek Your Blessings!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jan 7, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hello Aruna,

thanks.

With so many ILites wishing me and praying for me, the new year cannot but be successful.

Though I have been writing for close to ten years now, I started publishing books only after I came into IL. The confidence that all these wonderful women gave me inspired me to approach a publisher which proved successful.

Thanks once again,
    regards,

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Mr.Sridhar
    Many best wishes and our prayers too.
    I opened the pdf file to see attached cover and the first few lines OMG.. what can I say but typical OSHO style..
    I have been searching for it in amazon..could not find it..I will ask Chitvish to get one for me.
    Good luck again.

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Best wishes to you and congrats on the publication of the Osho book. I shall be visiting the fair again on Friday and shall look up the book.
    Honestly, I was thinking that Osho's writings could not be understood by me. I have read so many reviews about him some years back, you know what kind of comments he got then.
    Now that people have started to understand that every one is different and each has his own freedom to talk about his ideas, his books are gaining more popularity.
    And with your translation, I am sure I can at least understand a little of Osho.
    Once again, wishes and prayers for you.

4. sbobbie

sbobbie New IL'ite

Dear Varlotti,
    Please tell me where I can get your books in Chennai. On my recent vist to Higgin Bothams in Chennai, I could find only one of your books to my disppointment.

Thanks
    Bobbie

5. varalotti

Ms. Anandchitra,
    thanks a lot for your wishes and prayers. The matter appearing on the backcover is but a drop in the ocean. The book is explosive throughout. The book has just been released. As of now you can get it in Chennai. May be after a few days they will put it up on a website for sale.
    regards,

6. varalotti

Dear Varloo,

Thanks for your kind wishes Varloo. I think from your house the book fair is nearer. You can get the books there. If you visit the book fair after two three days, you can get my other new book also, which is yet to be released.
    Osho's writings are easy and simple to understand. This book is especially explosive. I have deviated from the original text several times to make the book interesting to the Tamil reader.

For example when he tells an A Joke about Sophia Loren, I changed that to actress Namitha so that the point will not be missed.

You start reading the book and let me know how do you feel about it.
    Thanks once again.
    regards,

7. varalotti

Dear Bobbie,
    You can surely get my books from my publisher in Chennai. I have given the address and the contact number in the leader post announcing the release of the book.

thanks,

8. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

It is always interesting to read works written by you. What I meant was if your works are translated maybe we can get an insight about your writing, your style & thinking also. If all your works in Tamil are translated it will benefit non tamil readers like us.

I would appreciate if you could do the same though a very herculean task.

9. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

:hatsoffDear Sridhar,
    Congrats. Will try and read the book. Everyday you spring a surprise. May you be bestowed with many more laurels."Ezhuthu Puyal" lukku vazhthukkal.:cheers

10. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,
    Congratulations !
    I bought the books from Kavitha. I am 1/3 way through the book, to be exact. One advantage is, I am reading at random, selected chapters, going by the attractive titles, to start with.
    I have not read the original, so I am not competent to review the contents.
    Osho is Osho - unparalleled, outspoken to the extent of making you wriggle at times, but blatantly honest at all times.
    Now, about your translation. Hats off to you ( don't wonder, if I have changed my attire & started wearing hats!).
    You make the reader feel, absoluely at ease, with short, crisp sentences, effectively conveying the ideas.You have written in a breezy, enjoyable style, proving that you have enjoyed "Mission Translation" very much. Is that not Karma Yoga?
    You have done it with ease & so naturally that I enjoy it as much as I enjoyed reading your "love stories of War Heroes".
    In course of time, besides writing your own stories, you are going to reach a stage when english writers will demand, that they will agree for their works to be translated only if V R is the "translator" ! That day, hopefully, is not far off !
    Pray God you reach greater heights with your dedication and effort, by Meenakshi's grace.
    The best is yet to be.
    Love,
    Chithra.