1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My toddler still wakes up at night for milk

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by psych, Apr 1, 2011.

1. psych

psych Gold IL'ite

He is picky! One day he willlike something and the next day he will not eat that.his foods that he willeat are

rice
    maccheese
    chickennuggets
    fries
    pancake
    indian pancake (dosa)
    omlette

thats it - i have to keep circling them around :-(

i give him nestle carnation in milk as well:drowning

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

:), we all have been there once
    so slowly give him everything and tell the importance of eating varied foods

3. purbamrc

purbamrc New IL'ite

I have exactly the same problem with my almost 3 yr old son! He is really picky about his food, hates feeding himself and takes almost a couple hrs to finish his meals. He chugs down a whole 8oz bottle of Pediasure (I give him that as he is really petite for his age) at night when he is asleep. I have tried giving him water instead but he will start crying.
    I like the idea of mixing water with his milk during the night feeds. Will surely try that.

4. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Why should a3 yr old drink milk in a bottle? Bottle feeding contributes to the midnight hunger, I am sure.It is the comfort of suckling rather than actual hunger.You need to restrict the bottle first to the morning first and then stop totally.Midnight hunger will stop.

It is very difficult , but you have to do it by introducing sipper first and then tumbler.If he is a strong personality kid, he will resist to the maximum, but you have to be firm in this, since you are doing this for his own good.Denial of the alternative will make start eat other food and not be picky.Looks too rigid, but it works.