My thread is missing?

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by Induslady, May 12, 2007.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Alankritha
    There is no thread in education & personal growth. Looks like you have added some external link or have given any personal information if so the post might have got moderated and you will have to wait until the post is approved by that forum moderator.

2. Alankritha

Alankritha New IL'ite

I havent given any personal info/any external links.
    But still i find it missing. Wld that have got merged into some other thread?How to find it in tat case?

3. Arunarc

Hi Alankritha
    If that is so, as far as i can tell looks like it did not get submitted, anyways i have put forward to the forum moderator she will come back and let me know what has happed to your post.
    Even if the post is merged with some other thread there will be a redirect to your thread for a few days and if you will go to Quick link--my post option you can view your post if it is moved.
    Do wait until you get an answer to what has happened.

4. Hema80

Hema80 Senior IL'ite

Hi:

Can you help me.I was looking for my thread on Crochet collection and found it to be locked. I donot know the reason why?. Can it be unlocked or do I have to start a new one. I had put in some pictures of my crochet work.

:)
    regards
    Hema80

5. Arunarc

6. Chitra29

Chitra29 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Hema
    I opened that thread.
    The thread might have been closed long back & when other similar thread merged with that thread, it continued to remain closed.
    That may be reason.
    Thanks for bringing it to our notice.
    Regards.
    Hi Aruna:hiya
    When similar threads are merged with a closed thread it remained closed.
    I feel that could be the reason.
    Now i opened it.
    Thank you.
    Regards.
    chitra

7. Hema80

Hema80 Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra :

Thankyou for unlocking my thread. Iam still not able to go to it directly from the subforum. I had a look thru my profile and saw it in my posts list and not in the thread list. Can you explain as to how I should proceed futher. Sorry for my being a little slow in understanding .

Thankyou
    regards
    Hema
    :) :bonk

8. Hema80

Hema80 Senior IL'ite

Dear Aruna:

Thankyou for the help. There is a lot I need to understand as to how all this works.

regards
    Hema :)

9. Arunarc

Hello Hema
    I can understand what you are going through but you need to understand us too. As you know hobby forum is the most busiest place in IL. with so many enthu like you wish to put in your work for us all to appreciate and learn from you all.
    In case we keep everyones thread as a seperate thread then we will have so many threads to moderate so we have decided that all the similar embroidery work as one thread or similar crochet work as one thread or knitting in just one thread, so on and so forth. so that it will be easier for the moderators as well as the members to locate that particular work easily.
    And your question on locating the thread you can subcribe to that thread so that you don't have keep searching for it. Most popular threads are done sticky so that it will be easy for members to locate the thread.

See if these will help you...
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/faqs/1326-how-can-i-get-notified.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/faqs/16447-how-can-i-subscribe-thread.html
    Thank you for understanding, if you have any further queries do feel free to ask and we will surely help you out with it.

10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Missing Thread

Yoo hoo!, my thread Janmashtami Afterthoughts: Was Krishna Gay? seems to have disappeared. Finders would be suitably rewarded (with a thank you).

Has it been withdrawn because it was found blasphemous and someone feared for my soul and wanted to save me from the fires of hell? In that case do let me know. As I am not interested in being saved from hell. I think hell would be quite an interesting place with lot of sinful ladies.
    .Or did I offend someone's religious sensibilities.? A Hare Krishna devotee's blood pressure shot up may be?.

Kamalji had warned me that he was eagerly watching how the ladies would take the thread. Looks like they found it unpalatable. But for God's sake (no need to take this expression literally, particularly when it is coming from an unbeliever) do let me know that it has been erased out of existence. .

But if it got deleted by a blunder then also let me know again. I will repost it and ruffle your religious feathers.