My thread is missing?

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by Induslady, May 12, 2007.

1. prabha80

prabha80 Senior IL'ite

Hi Indus ladies team,
    I've posted few replies 2 days back in the forums "Indian cook wanted urgently", " Looking for an Indian Cook to come over during weekends", "South Indian cook" and "Wanted south Indian cook". Also I created a new thread under Indians in western europe sub-forum. But my post are not displayed. Whenever I post a new reply or thread it tells that your post will displayed only after the moderators approval. Kindly help me.

Regards,
    prabha

2. prabha80

prabha80 Senior IL'ite

Hi team,
    I checked my new post & threads in the quick link but nothing is there. Kindly help me.

Thanks,
    Prabha

3. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hello Prabha,

The replies that you mentioned is there..
    Click "Find all posts" under your username in your posts and check out.

But if you are pointing about any other replies besides that or a new thread that you mentioned...it could be that you have given the email id, because of which it could have been moderated. According to Forum Etiquette & Guidelines it is not allowed.

The moderators of the respective forum will approve it after they remove the contact details.

Bye

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  4. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Prabha,

Check one of those Indian cook threads. Your posts are all moderated and removed because it had contact email of the cook.

1. No posting contact details in the forum, even if it is any service providers like the cook. We have mentioned about using directory listing in one of those threads.
    2. Do not post the same information on various threads / start numerous threads on the same topic.

Kindly read Forum Etiquette so that you know about participating here without any issues.

5. srbn

srbn Silver IL'ite

why my thread is moved? please sujest me that i can rectiy my faults.

6. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi srbn,

Not sure, as to which thread you are mentioning about.

Anyway do note that, if you had posted a thread in a wrong forum/subforum, the mods could have moved it to the appropriate place, so that similar discussions are clubbed together...and that it gets the necessary viewability and feedbacks from the members for the same.

Bye

7. srbn

srbn Silver IL'ite

thank you saraswathi madam,

i am mentioning about my thread - 'craft work: macrame work'. i posted it in foram- craft and crochet work on 12.07.09. i could find it.

i am newly join il and have no expirience such type of condition so please help me to solv this problem :drowning so that i feel comfort.

regard.

8. shobana 007

shobana 007 Gold IL'ite

my embroidery thread for basic stitches is combined with other thread.it really makes me so bad as i started that thread when i was carrying and had my little one.though i had lot ofmorning sickness that time i posted continuously that thread.never missed to post it .so pls make my thread seperate orelse u can combine others in mine.no problem.if u combine my other post ,it won'tt worry much.but this one.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  9. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Shobana,

We understand your sentiments. But we would request you to understand our perspective in organizing the content in such a huge community site.

Our hobbies forum is organized by our moderators, by putting in great efforts to keep similar information grouped together, indexing threads based on the topics, renaming threads with appropriate titles, etc.

If everyone is going to come up with various sentiments and stop us from organizing content here, it is not going to be possible for us to run the site in an organized manner.

Thanks for your understanding. We merge or not merge your information is going to be kept intact. Believe me, these mergings and grouping are only going to make the information easily located and referred by many members here.

10. shobana 007

shobana 007 Gold IL'ite

yep,feel you did'nt understand my thought.i too know the reason of clubbing together.thatswhy i mention you can club my other post.my request is just see the response(reply) of particular thread,if it is more,then you club other stuff with this one.if not you can club this one with other.might be it sound's kiddish,but thoughts of humannature.ok leave this no problem.let it be.u can delete this 2 post .might be i don't know still i'm :crazykiddish.if yes sorry.leave this.just forget it.