1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My SPECTACULAR HONEYMOON Trip.......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by BHAVNAM6, Feb 18, 2013.

1. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

Hello friends….. from http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/203563-when-i-was-newlywed.html ….I gave you the ride backward in http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...679-my-phenomenal-wedding-reception.html….and now we are approaching toward my honeymoon trip…..I apologize for giving you the back and forth roller coaster ride….
    There was only two month time period between our engagement and wedding. So we had little opportunity to develop intimacy as soul mates
    In those days I believe that the great purpose of going to honeymoon was more so knowing each other psychologically….spiritually……in a quiet place…..
    It would not be exaggerating to say that we were on the top of the world in the process of knowing each other and discovering that we were on the same page in terms of our likes, dislikes, interests…..and what not…?… It felt like an divine accident of this great union…..(shhhh……though…..after 35 years of marriage the scenario is quite intriguing……..!!!)
    The first day was quite thrilling and passionate….in the natural beauty of Matheran…..which is the smallest hill station where vehicles are not permitted….so it was really quiet and peaceful…..breathtaking view of sunrise and sunset…running around in the fascinating …hills…lakes…parks….with holding hands together……
    Eco- point is an interesting place from where you shout at the valley and it beautifully echoes back…my husband insisted me to shout his name…..I was newlywed…. Feeling shy….my vocal cord suddenly stopped working……
    However…..after few months of my wedding…my husband has been insisting me to give him warning before I am ready to use my vocal system ….so he could protect his ears….from my beautiful and lovely high pitched vocal cords…..my progress in this area has been remarkable and stunning….
    First day was marvelous …it almost felt like paradise….My husband was too hasty to swear that we would be back again at the age of 60….his imaginations were floating around without boundaries……
    Next morning when I woke up…..my face was feeling little itchy…..I looked into the mirror…..and I was terrified…it exactly happened like in the fairy tales…I completely turned ugly with the sore red bumps all over my face……I could not possible think that it could happen with me in my honeymoon…..by some unknown reason…..!!!
    I was transformed in the most frightening and horrific woman in the world….
    My husband was still sleeping unaware of the awful twist in my life…..
    I covered my face with my saree and sat in a corner chair…as I did not intend to shock my newlywed husband …… desperately waiting for the God to come to my rescue and bless me with divine miracle….
    Millions of thoughts crossed my mind with acceleration…… greater than the speed of light……I thought my marriage was in jeopardy……ha ha…..
    Please… hold on….. There was one certainty consoled my heart that… I was insignificantly more beautiful than any character in horror movie….so that was a relief…!!!
    Finally my husband woke up….kind of surprised looking at me sitting with covering my face…
    He thought maybe I was preparing myself to sing that beautiful song……
    Ghunghat ki Aadh SE Dilbar Ka
    Deedaar Adhura Rehta Hai
    Jab Tak Na Pade Asshiq ki Nazar
    Singaar Adhura Rehata Hai..
    So now you know friends this song was filmed may be in 90’s although it was originated in Matheran…in 1977…..!!!
    He waited for a moment but then was quite curious to discover the silence from other end….
    Finally when he saw my face he backed up several feet….in terror….
    We could not recall any single reason for these uninvited guests on my face…..
    Anyway he comforted me at the time….we decided to go to the doctor
    Matheran is small hill station and there was only one physician available and to my greatest pleasure his office was closed for two days.
    So I was gratified to find some more uninvited guests (sore red bumps) interestingly they decided to take a vacation on my entire body to enjoy the glory of Matheran along with me…..
    It was like a big crowd all over my body…exactly like the crowd of invitees from My Phenomenal Reception…. And Ice cream stayed as the hot item to cool me off from the itchy sensations……in my honeymoon..
    The pain was on and off…..however we used to go out…of course by covering my face…not to scare tourists…..as I did not want to make Matheran a deserted town…
    ……and to make my honeymoon exceptional I made heartfelt efforts to sing a song in glorious nature but my sore bumps were tempted to play all kinds of musical instruments with me…..
    Sometimes I used to scream due to pain……and ….I was thinking about my husband’s dream to come back to Matheran at the age of 60…
    But my poor husband was quite unaware of the fact as...I was 23 years old and screaming because of my sore bumps at the time… whereas at the age of 60 I would be screaming with my HOT FLASHES… ha ha…
    Honestly being a loyal wife I do not want to disappoint him that his soul mate has changed over the course of time…..at least in the area of screaming…..!!!!
    Finally we could visit doctor….he prescribed an extra ordinary medicine for my glamorous sore bumps…..although the pharmacist did not carry that particular medicine …..I could not thank you enough to my fabulous luck….
    He ordered that priceless drug from Mumbai….it took three heavenly days to travel from Mumbai to Matheran….
    My husband preferred to look at the queen from the playing cards rather than his own queen…!!!… Frankly I did not blame him…!!!
    My story of Ramayana had made little twist in this particular scenario than the original version…
    This modern Sita had drawn Laxmanrekha for her Ram…!!!

Finally after ten days….my skin was as soft as the model girl from ….Fair and Lovely commercial…but at that point we were ready to take off from Matheran…….
    I thought the company would hire me as their spokesperson once they would learn about my silky smooth skin…..
    …okay…okay….I know….I know…. That is too much of inflated self-opinion…..simply taking the liberty of playing around…..with my adorable ILite friends…….. ha ha

44 people like this.

2. seethavarma

seethavarma Gold IL'ite

My Dear HemaMalini aka Bhavs,
    Though i was not even in the dreams of my parents at that time,i really enjoyed ur honey moon trip!
    1977 in matheran-good heading for an album!
    The shy wife hesitating to tell her DH name loud, after couple of months turns into a loud speaker:rotfl
    Pls do share the name of that extra ordinary medicine so that we can also try it:thumbsup

2 people like this.
  3. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Bhavan ji.... Superb post :) :) liked it..

1 person likes this.
  4. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

oh humorous as your other snippets....I love the way of seeing things (those sore red bumps on face) from a different pov.....I would have been horrified if such thing had happened to me....guess I couldn't afford to wait 10 days coz my honeymoon itself was of 5 days only :-( sighhhh

5. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

ROFL! on your post Bhavnam6, Truly what a time to get those red bumps!
    You would have been irritated to be red at the wrong point in lfe!
    Ha Ha!

1 person likes this.
  6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

My dear Bhavna
    What a tale this has turned out to be! I am glad you recounted with good humor but I do feel bad you had to suffer the pain and also feel you did not look so good.
    I am sure your husband was still enamoured by his beautiful bride. No wonder he wants to go back.
    I still think your should not only become spokesperson for the Fair & lovely company You ought to become their MODEL !!!! YES!!!!
    Now you have reminded me of my honeymoon which was one faboulous journey. We went hiking most of the time..with just the mountains, streams, trees and birds for company.. oh intensely beautiful.

4 people like this.
  7. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Bhanavam, :clap what an attitude? Do you know why people like you? Because of the way you see things :hatsoff
    Enjoyed the snippet as usual.

AC,
    So when are we going to hear about your honeymoon? :)

4 people like this.
  8. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

While reading the first few lines,i was like "My god she remembers each incident that happened so many years back..Reading further i thought you are going to tell some funny romantic incidents that happened...Alas,i didnt even imagine your Honeymoon would have turned out to be this way...Still feel sorry for you..i know its too late to even feel so..:rotfl

1 person likes this.
  9. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear seethavarm,

did you know how much you made me happy when you gave me this label?......I know I do not deserve it...but I am an ordinary person and I absolutely love it.....

ha ha seems like a wonderful idea....

ha ha....at this point if my voice is not loud.....my family makes sure if I am okay........

it was lovely to read your sweet feedback as always....thank you very much.....

Love,
    Bhavna

1 person likes this.
  10. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Deepu,

I am glad you visited my thread....and I liked your wonderful feedback as well...

Thank you very much....

Love,
    Bhavna