1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My sons friend(9 yr old kid) talks about his friend's mom when he come to my house

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by carnation, Jul 23, 2013.

1. carnation

carnation New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

This is summer.My son is having play dates with his class mates and neighbors. One of his friend whenever he comes to my house he talks about other friends mom. She said like this. She said like that. Just 9 yrs. I some times hear this , do not know how to react. I tell my son, the play date is for you to have fun, not to talk about moms. Back of my head I used to think this boy may talk about me, when he goes to other friends house? 6yr,7yr old kids are coming to our house to have play date. It seems they knew how to behave in others house. This particular boy when he comes he jumps on the furniture and play with ball in the hall. Broke some of the my sons toys. I am not comfortable to call this boy. But my son likes him. What to do? :bowdown

Thank you.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Re: My sons friend(9 yr old kid) talks about his friend's mom when he come to my hous

carnation,

since your son likes to play with him, it is best for you to set limits both for your son and for you. Make it clear to both the boys that if they have to play together, irrespective of what happens in other houses, these are the rules in your house. You just have to be firm and it will work in your favour! Have a fun filled summer.

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Re: My sons friend(9 yr old kid) talks about his friend's mom when he come to my hous

Carnation, I agree with Srama, you will have to set limits/rules. You can tell that you will not accept jumping/bouncing etc on couches, no throwing/breaking stuff etc
    Ofcourse sometimes toys break but as long as its not done intentionally, its ok.

4. carnation

carnation New IL'ite

Thank you friends. I am firm. I believe moderate rules and limits will build a good personality.

5. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

But remember, he will talk about you in other people's house for setting these rules. :)

2 people like this.
  6. misspink14

misspink14 Bronze IL'ite

Set rules and tell them if they want to play with a ball they have to go outside if it is permitted. I believe that rules are needed for any child since they crave them at times.