1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Son's First Day At School

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by lovelyme, Dec 11, 2011.

1. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

It was my sweet plum's first day at school. We were pretty nervous how he was going to manage there without us. Because it was the first time ever he was alone somewhere without me or my parents or in laws or my husband:spin.

He didn't seem to be bothered much as he was not knowing where he was about to go or going to spend his days from then on. I prayed and got ready and my husband decided to accompany me and my SIL also to the school.

We reached the school and the campus was full of colourful butterflies and their parents. Some of them were crying out in a loud voice and the parents were trying to comfort them. I could also see the nervousness in their faces as they are about to leave their kids with a third party though for their good.

My husband caught hold of my son's left hand and they got ready to move on. He kissed me and bid me farewell and also to his aththai and her pappa (my SIL and her daughter). They were moving towards the entrance and I saw him with two great tears in my eyes and was blessing him in my heart as he was making a small cute step in to the wide world of knowledge:kiss.

My husband was not allowed to accompany my son to his class room as his cute looking class teacher took his charge by holding his tender fingers. He waved his hand to us and moved in with a smile. My husband left him there and came to us to the car. We were waiting for the bell to ring so did all the parents out there. The seconds ticked away in to minutes and minutes to hours and bang the bell rang at last...:)

My husband rushed to the class room and seconds passed and then came out both. My husband brought and handed him over to me. I could see his face turned red because of his crying and his nose was running. He hugged me tight and asked me repeatedly " Amma yedhukku enna thaniya vittuttu poyitta? " (Amma why did you leave me alone?) I could sense his tender fingers holding my hand tight using maximum of his energy. I patted his back and hugged him and he kissed me on and on and on till he fell asleep:).

10 people like this.

2. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Oh poor little kiddoo... Don't worry lovelyme... soon he will get used to it and after finding friends of his own at school, he will go happily.. very nice post... My dad used to say when he left me at school for the first day, I was crying so much... he couldn't see me off then so he took me back. And didn't want to send me to school.... Seriously. Then I was kept in home for one more year... when all the kids of my age went to school I was in home playing.... I nearly reached 4, then my mom without my father's knowledge put me in school... My dad got to know only in the evening and Dad & mom was so surprised to see that I enjoyed school very much.... :)

5 people like this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Oh LM. The last sentence is really heart rending. To date I hate kids having to go to school or to do homework or give exams. Did he trouble to go to school next day, or did you manage to convince him? Poor little baby.

3 people like this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Poor kiddo!
    My younger son had fever the first time he went to school. We did not take him back another year.
    Yes very painful for us parents to let go.
    As I Love Tulips says, when the child is older they are ready to go when they realise going to school is fun and games and new friends.

Very beautiful article. I had a lump in my throat.

2 people like this.
  5. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Thank u ILT, Satchi and Krish dears for your FBs.

For the next one month my husband used to wait for him outside his school till the bell rings and bring him home leaving behind all his works.

Now he drops him to school and my parents or parents-in-law pick him up since I could not as I am differently challenged. Now he is doing well at school n have so many friends.

4 people like this.
  6. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

dear lovely me,
    that was a cute post. i think am so lucky.My DD never cried when she went to school and my DH was so worried about her school.she joined preschool this august and has never cried till date.only when she has long weekends she doesnt want to get up from bed and says she has no school.my husband was staying with my SIL last year and my SILs DD used to cry each and everyday to go to school.so even when we paid the fees at my DDs school my DH was saying if she will cry,i wont sent her to school..its ok if she is at home and you can teach her something. but to his surprise she never cried. Only the first day when she got into her bus, she had put a face which i still remember but after coming from school she was very very happy.and unlike in India here parents are not allowed to school atleast till the kid get settled.

7. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

Lovelyme ji,

That was really a heart touching post. As per my mom, i used to cry for the first 15 minutes after i enter the class i.e., LKG. Then i used to open the tiffin box even when teacher is teaching A B C and eat the entire food..!!!!!!

Thank u for sharing...!!

7 people like this.
  8. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

thank u sushmavj and haagesummane ji for ur beautiful FBs

9. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

I too agree with Satchi... My heart goes away to the kids when I see them carrying a big load of bag that could easily weigh as much as the kid... PLUS, parents forcing the kids to go to this class, that class, get First rank... Believe or not, It really happened in my home lovelyme... My mom used to spank me when teaching me... My dad would keep warning her to let me go... One day when my mom was teaching me homework, my dad rushed inside, grabbed all the notebooks and threw to the top most shelf... I saw the pages from the note flying everywhere... Then he told me "Run Girl... Run... "!! Then on Monday he himself climbed and searched for the notebooks, then had to spend lots of time to fix the torn sheets...

3 people like this.
  10. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Love Me....
    Very nice snippet.....