My Saturday Rant..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Mar 3, 2024.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I have no pics to post on Facebook.I realized I just don’t go out anymore maybe.I get bored of restaurants and so we order in.Hubby loves being home too. My pictures I post are either of kids ,my visit to temple and either my front yard of home or backyard lol.
    Gosh! :laughing:..so sad..seriously! I don’t know guys..sometimes I feel like reposting memories or something to give myself a boost…just saying whatever is in my mind right now..my hair is uncombed and in a nightie with bun tied hair..so glamorous I know..hmm..vacations also only once in a while.U need to have the right company to go out.my husband is such a family man that my outings are either some trampoline park or Olive Garden.He tells me to hang out with other women but am a person who likes to connect on a deep level.I just feel like talking to one good friend,whom I can vibe and who loves going out coz am a lazy bum who needs someone to push me out to socialize.Plus I need the right company! Man! My requirements are of another level..
    Just don’t seem to have fun hanging out superficially at this age of my life maybe.My best friends are back from college or early days when I came abroad.However they moved back to India.
    I saw pics of some group of ladies in fb who are dressed up so pretty and hanging out with lovely smiles..I wish I had a group like that and their mental ability and energy to enjoy.Another group are in some music concert and looked like so much fun..
    I wish i was this extrovert who has Buffalo skin and not worry about anything and enjoy life..My husband is a good guy but why the heck is he too practical? A little bit impulsive or he can surprise me..eg: when I wake up..he should be like “Tickets to Greece!”

Hmm..Been watching insta a lot and too many Bollywood movies I know..

I also saw in fb a couple so beautifully celebrating Valentine’s Day..here he is right next to me snoring! Argh!

Anyways am a 43 year old and not in 20’s but my heart is very very young still:D

anyways enough of my Saturday rant..Thanks for reading:)

Just writing whatever that comes in my mind..please don’t judge me differently..just want to share bluntly my feelings and everything came with a flow:) feeling so peaceful now..Thanks to god for IL..this place is my journal ❤️

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

If social media is causing you so much angst then snooze all your accounts for at least a week, preferably longer. The days are getting longer and warmer. Set yourself a goal of doing some small task or activity outdoors every day.
    My closest friends are the gang of 5 women I’ve known since we all first met in 5th standard. We chat almost daily on WhatsApp even though the last time we all got together in person was over 6 years ago.

anika987 likes this.
  3. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

Can we start with addressing the first problem of no pictures to post.

Pictures are memories and whether you post or not, let's start with making them.

Life is short and let it not slide by.

I know hubby loves to stay home. But you love to go out. There needs to be a happy medium of balance.

Can we start with once a week, every one in the family dresses up and goes to some places new and clicks pics. Could be Indian restaurant, mall, park, show, temple, some outdoor spring activity, nursery. Pose for pictures with the flowers bushes, . While you are at it, buy a few plants either vegetables or herbs you grow and cook or flowers you love to see.

There were these gorgeous tulips I saw recently which you can buy and put in your house.

Take at least 50 pictures on each of your visits.

Compliment with any pics you take when you take your kid out for classes.

In couple of months you will have about 400 pictures and life long memories.

This should inspire you to find more ways to doing more things. We just need a small change to start making bigger ones.

anika987 likes this.
  4. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

As a followup, after two months, select a few pictures, print them, frame and keep somewhere you see daily.

You can also tell hubby that if he didn't enjoy these activities, after two months, you will not ask him to continue.

anika987 likes this.
  5. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

@anika987 i can totally understand your situation. If you were in India social life is better . Especially meeting up during pooja or marriage make life so much happier . Unfortunately in USA that is not possible. Considering you are not working why not do a trip during summer so you can enjoy your life the way you want ? Also in few more years your daughter will be done with school and if your husband is fine you can spend more time in India .
    Do you think your husband might be willing to retire in India ?

anika987 likes this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You and your Saturday rants. : ) Felt very nice to read the easy breezy narration, it is literally like you are typing as the thoughts come to mind. It is not easy to write like this, you have a natural talent for it.

Coming back to your rant, I was feeling something like that this weekend. Everything takes so much effort. Even deciding on a show to watch on netflix or amazon prime takes planning, agreeing on a movie takes planning. Buying a decoration item on amazon takes research, asking husband for approval, and then ordering. and before that sifting through the reviews.

Pre-pandemic I used to feel like that when seeing pictures in fb. People went on cruises together, even did foreign destination vacation together. So, after Covid shots became easily available, and we all emerged from the pandemic, I went full fledged into making new friends mode as the ones I have are very close but we don't do stuff together. I made new friends (much very much to my surprise), got those outings, travel, concerts (okay more of dandiyas) pictures ... but here was the catch - I didn't have their mental ability and energy to enjoy each other's company for too long. : ) Their enthusiasm was way more than mine. So far this year 2024, I have actually done zero of stuff with them. My husband says I just needed to prove to myself that I can be like them, but I am most comfortable lazy at home. : )

What I do feel bad about missing are the gatherings of my cousins and relatives at weddings in India. Those pictures on FB pinch me in a strange way. I get to see pictures of them sitting in the still-empty hall as they come before guests arrive. These pre-wedding pictures make me jealous. The Ambani pre-wedding videos I have been seeing last three days are more fun. : )

Leave all this, share some pre-Cancun pictures of the off-shoulder tops. : ) Or even any cute flip flops you bought for the beach.

anika987 likes this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Yeah but maybe retire in India but it is going to be some more years.Yeah summers I do my trip but DD is he growing up and cannot stay for more than a month together in India like
    Before coz she also wants to spend summer in USA which makes sense. But maybe three weeks I can try which is ample time

8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha..maybe I was watching ambani videos a lot and miss a gathering and good food etc..
    When it comes to entertainment nothing beats India but day to day life is relatively smoother in US..

well some day I will go back or take another vacation soon until then IL friends have to tolerate my rants lol :)

Now waiting for my Cancun vacation..:)