1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

My resolutions & concpiracy of seasons

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jaishree9, Jan 5, 2008.

1. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi
    Wish u all IL an extremely happy new year ! Joy & laughter from Jan to Dec. :cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers
    As the old year dies out & New Year starts everybody wants to welcome the new one .The king is dead & long live the king ( only 366 days this year as this is leap year ).
    Personally in the last few wks of Dec I becomes very sad for the going year & more so becoz of the constant failure of my resolutions which I make every year on eve of new year that this year now I will start my walking & exercises & my wt. control program & my diet ( oh don’t assume that I am obese just a bit over wt) without a day missing & than lo The same story is repeated every year within days my resolutions break down .(Do u know that almost 40% people take new year resolutions for keeping them fit & naturally I am one of them.)
    There is joy everywhere with New Year’s parties & sweets & rich spicy food which goes very well with so cold winters & vacations of kids & celebrations & than what happens to my resolutions? Tell me how cud I stand in presence of such rich aromas of carrot halwa & potato badas & all?
    I tell my self no problem just this week after that the temp wud be little high & I can go for walks& I will follow strict diet.
    This is followed by some days of vigorous exercises, yoga too & walks, people start commenting u have lost some wt I feel so good with my flat tummy & all & lo the summer month arrives & how cud one exercises in such hot temp. The weather conspires against me with so hot May & June & I like nothing best than sitting in AC all day with cool drinks.And than in rainy season how can I go for walks & time is good for few plates of pakoras & Samosas every other day with picnics
    I keep watching Telemarketing ads for equipments & machines which wud do my workout for me .
    They came with sure claim to loose wt ( I know they are not all that effective & ultimately one has to burn calories by sweating)
    But I feel no this one looks good enough & it wud definitely help me I convince myself that all these models must be telling true! only if I cud have this I wud do my workout daily & I add one more Item in my home but soon the novelty wears off & I start searching for other.
    Then comes Depawali & celebrations followed by winter with cozy mornings getting up late, having cups of tea cocooned in quilt & again the hot rich foods are the need of the day.
    Result the wt remains almost same or a bit more with same fitness level & in the last wks of December again I become gloomy for both the going year & the lost opportunities.
    So dear friends this year also I have taken this resolution to loose wt, do my walks & yoga daily & I hope that I wud follow the schedule this year truly.
    ( actually just now a very cold wave is blowing over Rajasthan & northen India so I am sitting on my computer & writing this instead of doing my walk as was promised Ha Ha )

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012

2. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

Nice write up Jaishree.
    Your post was humorous.

I feel tempted after reading about carrot halwa, bhondas.........

I can never diet during winter bcoz i cant miss hot pakodas.....

I can never diet in summer bcoz i cant miss ice cream, lassi.....

Rest off the day i cant diet bcoz there will be one or the festivals, birthday parties, marriages, functions at home........

1 person likes this.
  3. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha. Same old story with all women. ! So I am not alone Hehehehe !