1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

My Random Snapshots!

Discussion in 'Drawings / Sketchings / Photography' started by Mistt, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

My revered ever Guru’s comment is A perfect nostalgia for me. I read the first edition and yet to catch up with additional pages reported added in the second edition after a gap of almost a decade. I quote one of the passages from the review of novella here:
    He lives a long happy life and is sad not due to his loneliness but only due to the fact that the rest of the Flock will never know the full glories of flying, like him. In his old age, he is met by two radiantly-bright seagulls who share his abilities, explaining to him that he has learned much, but that they have come to take him "home" where he will go "higher".

Last edited: May 16, 2023
    vidhyalakshmid, radv and Cheeniya like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

:hello: Kudos to you sister @Mistt
    for A perfect capture with the azure back drop of sky. You must have been lying flat and held camera over your face to capture such an in-depth shot!
    Am first reminded of not sea-gull but a vulture over the parsi’s Tower of Silence on top of the Hanging Gardens at Malbar Hills Mumbai.

Among parsi community practice, the dead boday is thrown into the tower to be devoured by vultures Which are constantly
    hovering around the space. The large annular tower in the image resembles Parsi’s “Burial Ground”.

I came across this parsi tower for first time during 1958 when my dad taken ma & me & my sister. It was close to a shoe house in the huge garden atop the hill.

Last edited: May 16, 2023
    Mistt and Cheeniya like this.
  4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I am so happy to know that you too are a fan of Richard Bach. @Srama and I are diehard fans of the great writer.

Srama and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thank you Sir. We are dyed-in-the-same-wool about works of Richard.
    Birds image ought to remind us in particular about Alfred Hitchcock Hollywood movie “BIRDS” .
    Regards.

Cheeniya likes this.
  6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Alfred's Birds scared us out of our wits but Richard's Seagull is highly motivating. It makes me think.

Mistt and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Major Ranjit Singh was my immediate boss and i had put up a draft reply on his green cloth covered table for his approval . With red-ink fountain pen he struck of my “will” his “shell “ and then in another draft of mine he struck off “shall” with “will”. It was going on like this for a week or two. I was a novice then and thinking deep about subservience.
    Two weeks later I desired that my immediate boss Major Ranjit To be at ease in correcting drafts put up by me. I wrote in draft “ will/shall” wherever it was needed.
    Few moments after the case file reached him, he pressed the desk-bell thrice. I darted into his chamber. I thought he was going to take me to task for that will/shall. Holding the pen over his “pagadee” (turban), he took another case file where i had out up fair letter for his signature.

He pointed out that his correction in draft not carried out correctly in the fair letter. In between the lines of hand written draft, his correction could not be read correctly. I told him so. He reacted telling being young my eye-sight should be as good as that of an eagle. I responded him naively, “Sorry Sir, you can’t expect me to fly so high”. His boss Col. Sukija in the adjacent chamber could see and hear me! I heard his giggle.

radv and Cheeniya like this.
  8. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

Beautiful shot! Love it :)

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Sir for liking that pic and comments. I observed that bird flying towards that top structure while on my way back home from walk. I just stopped my walk and clicked it in standing position only.

swarnamary and Thyagarajan like this.