1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Pound of Flesh

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dearie Shanthi
    I read your post almost as soon as you started the thread..could not reply right away bec. i felt v.sad and got blocked by sadness..I have since been reading everyones reply post and must say all the replies are gems in itself..if you notice one thing each one has been thru their own ration of problems and difficulties and each choose to react as best suits them.
    I admire that you are managing the show primarily by yourself..Its not easy to run a household esp. when smaller chilren are there..Great job.. And Veda's support is clearly evident even online.. As I have said before you both are such a special couple.. You and your family are in my prayers and best wishes..Good Luck.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Anu,

When there is a sensitive issue going on, and things look bad, the first advice we give is forget and forgive..it is easier said than done.
    The moment we understand that forgiving is for us not for the other person, it becomes easier...
    I too pray that i don't hurt anybody...

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Aishu

Good to know there are people like me. Not helping them, because they are spiteful is wrong according to me. being extra good to them will make them realise, even if they don't show it to us...their subconscious mind will definitely realise...
    thanks for your wishes.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Arunayaar,

When i have such good wellwishers and friends, there is no dearth for me to bounce back.

To be frank now I only feel sorry for them. There is basically a tinge of hatred towards human beings for them to become so viscious... I don't know if they were jealous..(a new angle). I am happy I can still say welcome to them with a smile when they come ...

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Meena,

Not only hinduism and christianity, all other religions, propagate forgiving but we don't follow it.
    Thanks ...

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Bhooma,

Thanks for your blessings...

And good to know that there are others who follow the same. yes i feel that it is the best way of getting my pound of flesh...

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Saraswathi,

You know what, there are people like that who are like vultures, waiting to find a weak moment to hurt the other person.

I know a very close friend, who if you pointed a mistake done by him, will wait like a hawk, with all that grudge, to pounce on the person who pointed out the mistakes, when he does commit some mistake...and his justification is if i lash out immediately it will not help, but when i pounce, afterwards, it will hurt him, and also it makes me better....

The whole aspect of his character is a flaw..just think about it...he does not spare even small kids...

Thanks for peeping in....

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi lakshmi,

Some do it unknowingly, some do it to achieve pleasure from hurting others, but to hurt a person when he is down, you are a person on another plane....The moment, you have understood why your SIL is doing that, you will learn to forgive...

After all GOD has given that particular attribute to HUMAN BEINGS...

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Mals,

From what i know you are not the forgiving kind..that is for sure..... right now, I am not having any baggage...I am able to talk about the whole episode with a rational mind.

It is not so hard to retaliate back. I can lash out. Nobody can use the other as a punching bag unless the person gives an opportunity. By being harsh, I may also distance them all out of my life. Once my SIL had acted very badly...I till date, don't refer to that incident, I go about very normally, do everything with the same love and you know what, she respects me more for that and she confides more in me today then she would to her husband,brothers or sister.

I have seen a person, who used to pray to god, to punish the person who had hurt her. she used to say i will fast for 1/2/3 days accordingly if god will punish that person...she carried a great grudge against all..and she was filled with negative energy...

So, forgiving the other is not going to help somebody else, it is going to help me. I have written this episode, not because i was wallowing in grief or self pity, it was to make understand, it is not worth holding grudges against others...and making our life miserable, because it is not going to affect the other person...

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shantha,

Thanks for understanding what i have actually tried to convey. Nobody is perfect, everybody has a positive and negative. we cannot go about changing everybody. just accepting as they are and thinking of their positive helps us understand the other person better.