1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Points

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, May 18, 2023.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Finest Post Winner

Can the moderator or someone tell me how to improve on my points, stuck up at 283 for a very very long. Likes and messages do go up but not points.
    Just a curiosity.

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sir
    The 'points system' is an automated one. It works on the basis of messages posted and Likes received. As you go on posting your messages, the points get automatically received. People who may have joined after us may be ahead of us in points due to their level of activity.
    Take me for example. I joined IL over 16 years back. The posts exchanged between me and others number 12451 as on date. Likes received by me are 16425. My points remain at 538.
    Take your figures for instance. You joined IL 6 years back. Messages exchanged on your account number 2083. Likes received by you number 2346.Your points remain at 283.
    I have the following suggestions for you.
    Increase your level of activity by visiting others' posts and offering your comments. Don't stay glued to Good to Read section only. You will realise how rewarding an experience it is! And your points will start rising dramatically!
    With warm regards

3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

Grab every single opportunity to comment or post. There is nothing others can post for which you have no comments. Out of box too would be noted as a post and some one at distant latitude will be filled with awe and grant you the coveted “LIKE” & nomination for monthly FP too.

You can just walk in every forum and think in terms of your past present and future. You deliberate and that results in cogent analysis ready for texting. You can be serious, quizzical, humorous, thought provoking, critique.

Stories post from your neighbour hood happenings and observation. I an immensely pleased that there is one like me pondering about getting quickly -touching new milestones in terms of trophy, messages and likes. I am writing here what perhaps you already knew!

But then a like for your message or post or FB could BE NOT NECESSARILY it is liked by the folk. It could be for the reader or member having viewed it just. I have seen so many posts carry harrowing message of negative emotions, their going through the mill of joint-family and the axis MIL-SIL-BIL-FIL & constant bickerings among siblings and neighbour friends or and foes, yet the reader clicks “LIKE” button . Do they really like in their heart of heart that situation of the fellow-member? Not at all.

Wish you Godspeed in your endeavour to get more trophy points

which are always awarded when you attain the milestones set out by the website creators and the counting machines would automatically award 24x7 the trophy points to the member. There is no scope for any kind of manipulation.

Regards.
    God Is neutral and remain ever unbiased. He has no likes or dislikes for IL folks or dudes.

Last edited: May 18, 2023
    Viswamitra and Cheeniya like this.
  4. Cheeniya

@Thyagarajan
    My dear Thyagu
    Hariji and you became members of IL in the same year and month and with a whopping 590 points you are ahead of even many old timers like me!

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

Thank you Sir.
    Is it “touch -wood” moment? I am glad if your observation which is special.
    Regards.

Viswamitra, swarnamary and Cheeniya like this.
  6. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Finest Post Winner

Thanks for the suggestion. I do feel some hesitation in commenting on women-centric
    posts and confine me to snippets only.

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

The Administrators may review the number of posts and likes at certain intervals, I guess. For example, my total posts are 12,903 and likes are 23,216. But I am still at 538.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Cheeniya

@Induslady
    Would you be kind enough to supplement this discussion with your inputs?

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

How frequently the point system is revised? I have posted 13,360 messages and I have 24,096 likes as of today. But I am still at 538 points. Will it be helpful if the members know how the points system work? Did you hear anything from @Induslady?

10. Cheeniya