1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My most embarrasing moment!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Devika Menon, Feb 19, 2008.

1. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,
    Reading all u r posts was enjoyable.I had a embaraasing moment which is not funny but triggers a sense of pain in me whenever i think.This incident happened when i was in my 7th standard.The school in which i studied followed a ritual that every day a student must deliver speech on a topic and another read news.
    On saturdays the speech used to be in many languages(eng,hindi and sanskrit) after a long bajan session.i gave sanskrit speech and every one were very much interested and impressed.after 2-3 weeks,princi wanted to do the speech again in front of the school correspondent and wanted her to appreciate my fluency in sanskrit.I was happy on hearing it.The saturday dawned.I was all prepared to deliver the speech.we sat on ground during the bajan.the sequence is like first english ,hindi and last sanskrit.That day ,i sat for so long waiting for my turn that i developed pins and needles on both my legs.AS time progressed feet became numb.I dint know what to do.when my turn came i could not get up and feel my feet on ground.i was standing and my teacher was gesturing me to go stage.
    All eyes were fixed on me.As i started walking my left leg had become too limp that i walked dragging my legs all the way to stage.every one were horrified.Some students started laughing and some glaring.I forgot the speech as stepped on the stage.I mumbled some thing in sanskrit and i was almost in tears.I stepped down without completeing it.
    I felt utterly embarrased that i couldnt face anyone for few days.Later teachers consoled me.Though it was not my fault..i still feel embarrased.

2. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Kanaka,

We sure seem to be birds of the same feather!Big Laugh

Love,
    Devika

3. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Nice one Devika.....

Right, my turn now...

I had just come back from uni with a few chocys from my friend.She had given us a pack each.

Me the good elder sister & Chocy hater, kept it in my bag to give it to my brother.

Came home & saw the newspaper on the table. I picked it up & without seeing, just held my chocys out saying "Here, enjoy".

A very rough voice said "aaj maajhi upvaas ahe" (I am fasting today).Looked up & saw the A/C mechanic.Brother had gone out.

Even today, mom says I am so nice, I wanted to give chocys to the repairman instead of my brother. I still go red when reminded of it...

Regards,

Corallux

4. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Sweetie,

I wonder what that poor fella must be thinking. Even if it wasnt his fast I doubt he would be very happy picking up your choc and enjoying it right in the middle of his servicing.Big Laugh But one thing is for sure . After that incident he would be more than happy to land up for servicing rather than these regular mechs who keep procrastinating.Harhar

Love,
    Devika

5. mjsaroj

mjsaroj Senior IL'ite

nice one i really enjoyed

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Devika,

I see all ladies replies, well let me tell u something of mine.

I liked a few girls before marriage.One sided actually,we were nice to each other, laughing and joking ect.I was very very shy those days, unlike these days where I can go and talk to anyone without hesitation.i was hoping my mom would propose to the parents of the girl.

And all of them at some time or the other , came and tied me rachis.How embarrassing that can be, love flying off in front of yr eyes.And then I had to give some cash too.That means I am poorer by the purse and love too.

And this happened around 2 yrs back.Another girl that I liked, got married and went away abroad.I liked her, but well.After 5 yrs I married and shifted to Jaipur.

2 yrs back, this girl’s daughter got married, and wife being in Mumbai went with mom and daughter to the wedding.

The girl, I mean the mother of the bride, came to Harsha, and told her, in fornt of my daughter, that Kamal is a great guy,u know I used to love him so much,but there was no response from him, and I still remember him.

You can imagine how much Harsha must have ribbed me after that.She still keeps pulling my leg.But then I tell her, good I dint marry her, otherwise where would u and me have met ad married.HAHA.

Embarssing at times, but chalta hai.Harsha is a sport.Regards.kamal

7. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Before i begin I wonder how this transformation happened from the shy guy to the ......

Big wonder.!!

I can really imagine how you mustve felt when this girl tied rakhi. Very sad ..

Harshaji is quite a sport i mean i cannot say there are very many ladies willing to let their husbands spending time regaling stories to soooooooo many ladies out here.

Lucky you to have found Harshaji and lucky us that Harshaji lets you be here.

Regards,
    Devika

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Devika,

Harsha is really a sport.She just called to find out howi am over here.And I must ell u all, that she is a veg, and me a non veg, and it is something for everyone tolearn from us how to adjust in life.We don’t try to change each other, we adjust to each other.

We tolerate each other’s ido cracies, and I have many of them.Cards, whiskey ciggies, non veg, friends, blogging, and she puts up with all of them.

She tells me she wishes I had a different non veg wife, where I would have been more comfortable.But I tell her, these things are immaterial, we care for each other.and she is one wife who is unlike Sanju, that Max Advt lady.She never ever will try and find out where I am , what I am upto when I am away, my word is enough.She has a lot of faith and trust in me, amd I tell her not to trust me too much.I am a human being too, even /Gods slip at times.So I have to keep up to her trust all the time.

Well , she lets me blog, and she wonders what readers find so attractive in my writings, as what I write is what I have told her already.And nowadays she has become expert to know and spot in the news papers what I would like to read and she tells me read this is of yr interest for blogs.HAHA.

She must be so fed up of listening to Kamalji and his corny jokes really.At night when I sit with my whiskey is the time I open up really and we talk and talk about what goes on in the world and we both are amazed at how life has changed, with so many murders, the Arusi one, the Mumbai one where they chopped the body in 300 pieces, the corruption, etc, and in a few deays I write the blog around those subjects.So she knows what I am up to just by looking at the heading of the blog.

Sorry I have gone overboard with my comments.regards.kamal

9. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

No Kamalji,

It was wonderful to read your talks about Harshaji. Not many can do that.Hey you guys are really really lucky!!
    Cheers to that!!

Devika

10. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Devika,

I was:rotflBig Laugh reading your post and all the fbs. Here goes mine.

It was almost 8 yrs back, I was carrying my second daughter. We were in a remote place at that time, a very hot sunny place. Here, we used to get milk supplied by milkman from nearby villages. They used to bring daily by 7.30 in the monrning. By this time, the sun used to be quite hot. One day as we (myself, elder dd and dh) were all sleeping, there was this calling bell going...... hence I opened the door, and the sun directly fell on my face and the milkman was standing in front of me. I thought seeing the sun it was afternoon and asked the milkman why he has brought milk at that time (thinking it to be 3 or 4 pm). The milkman was wondering what has happended to me whether I have gone :crazy. It took few minutes for me to realise that it was early in the morning.bonk Till date I laugh at myself reminding the look on the face of the milkman and how I should have looked (so stupid)