My Little Prince has arrived

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by sreejag, Oct 29, 2009.

1. sreejag

sreejag Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends,
    I have delivered a baby boy on 20th october night. He was born past due-date at 41 weeks. We have named him VIJAY. Please bless and pray for my little one.

Birth Story:

I had started getting pains on 17th late night, but it was very mild and bearable. when we called the on-call doctors they told the baby might getting ready to come out and it is not contractions. by 18th afternoon, i was feeling the pains strong, went to the hospital for a labour check-up and found that though the contractions were 5 mins apart and the cervix has started to soften but there is no dialation :(. so returned home.

on 19th afternoon 4 p.m, the contractions were still 5 mins apart but the pain was more stronger, so went again for a labour check-up whre they told me that i am 3.5 cms didalted and to get admitted immediately.

by night 7 p.m, i was 4 cm dialted and they gave a option that i can take epidural right away or try for a pain medication and take epidural later. so i took the medication and slept the night. the nurse was telling that i might deliver by morning.

20th morning i was 5 cm dialted, took epidural. i was fine till 7 cm dialted which happened within 2 hrs after taking epidural. after 7 cm dialation, i started feeling the contractions, and was complaing that i can know the pain. but no one were ready to listen. they told me because i am seeing the monitor i am feeling that i have pain. i started with my breathing exercise then. after 3 hrs, later in the afternoon, i was 9 cm dialted but was begging to do something for having pain even after epidural. they increased my dosage for 2 times at regular intervals but no use. no doalatopn after that.

then they said that the string or part watever where they gave epidural was not in place or something like that. then they decided for a new shot epidural at 6.30 p.m in the night. after i took that shot i was fine but there was no dialation for the last 10th cm. they told let us wait for 2 more hrs. as the bay's head was really low before deciding a c-section.

after 2 hrs, there was no increase from 9 to 10, then they tried to c if my contractions were really strong by inserting a catheter or something inside my cerviz which will be near to my uterus to know the contractions, but that did not work as baby's head was really low. then they decided for a c-section.

for the c-section, they had to keep a catheter for accumulating the urine during the c-section. they were not able to place the catheter as the baby's head was very low, so they pushed back the baby's head back inside a little bit so that the cather can be placed sucessfully. this procedure was little uncomfortable though i had taken the epidural.

finally my little prince was born on 20th october at 9.49 p.m. at that moment i forgot all the pains i had to have him :)

sorry for the very long post but could not make it shorter.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009

2. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Sreelata,
    My hearty congratulations.
    Vijay is a very good name and i am sure he keeps up the name u guyz kept all his life.

3. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Congratulations .after nearing 9 cms it is really tough to face a csection.

But as you said all difficulties will pass when you see the baby.

Take care

4. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Congrats Sreeja!
    May God bless Vijay with all wonderful things
    Take care both of you

Ammu

5. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Congratulations Sreeja!
    May Vijay be blessed with health, wealth and prosperity!
    Take care.

6. kutty0216

kutty0216 Senior IL'ite

Hearty Congratulations Sreeja.
    May God Bless Vijay.
    Take care.

7. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

Congrats enjoy motherhood

8. Prem.S

Prem.S Silver IL'ite

Dear Sreelata,
    Congrats!!! May God bless Vijay with good health and happiness.

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats to you & your family Sreelata.
    Recover soon...
    Hope you & your LO is doing good!
    Take care...

10. pshah

pshah New IL'ite

Congrats to you & your family SreejaG from me and my family.