1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My List Of Adventures In Hobbies

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by MNR, Oct 18, 2016.

1. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

Here i am putting my take on hobbies
    First one Saree kuchu/tassels
    First I tried saree kuchu for my silk sarees, it was 3 years ago.. At that time there were 2 new sarees for me and 2 new for my MIL. Very enthusiastically got silk threads, required needles. first one tried on my saree it came ok ok but took 2 weeks to complete.
    Second tried for my MIL, different design this time. Came better than mine. Again took some 3 weeks But MIL was not fully satisfied . She told its ok for this saree, but will give outside for other sarees, as anyway you are not getting time. :(
    Third saree was mine. IT came out ok. But lost the energy and interest. along with MIL's, I gave my sarees also to boutique.
    All my silk threads are lying in the shelves. Feeling guilty of wasting this money

Second try on Gardening
    Bought some pots/soil, fertilizers.
    Successfully grew methi, amaranthus, peas, pudina, basil plants. this was for 2 months only.

Third try, embroidery :D.
    I knew basic stitches of embroidery learnt from school craft classes.
    As the embroidery blouses from boutiques costing thousand, I thought of giving a try myself. Luckily not on silk saree blouse piece. Also thought of using silk threads bought of kuchu
    1. Bought a blouse bit for 100 rs./ Bought aari ring also . Also some stones to stick.
    2. Revived my stitches in waste clothes
    3. Learnt some basic designs for blouse neck, hand
    4. Did the markings on blouse piece,know some basics of it , also learnt from
    5. Tried Tried, stitches were coming satisfactorily. could complete in 4 months time.

Was not happy with the outcome. Showed it to my friends, they all said came out well for the first timer( very encouraging right :). At the eod lost interest again. That blouse is lying un stitched.

Now I am into gardening again, this time my MIL is also involved, so its going good for 4 months.

I am feeling guilty of unused silk thread, planning to try silk thread bangles for DD. Will see how it goes.

Feel free to share your adventures....

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016

2. Suja9

Suja9 Silver IL'ite

MNR, give yourself a pat.. Atleast you have made few steps in your favorites and the results were good too. Obviously it will take more time but according to me, few ppl are gifted with this artistic sense(not me :BangHead: ). So try working on your hobbies and it will improve soon.. Never Quit :nono:
    My hobbies are reading books and dancing... ( when I move my hands and legs, IT IS DANCING.. anyway when I dance, I watch myself in the mirror.. OMG.. sooooooo funny.. :roflmao:)

3. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

Thanks for FB.
    It will be always good to keep trying different things from routine work.
    Good to know your hobby is dancing, why can not you do that in front of hubby :cheer:

vaidehi71 and Suja9 like this.
  4. Suja9

Suja9 Silver IL'ite

OMG... Adellam nalla dance aaduravanga panradu... Bhagyaraj Sir type dance ku mirror dan best.. :lol:

beautifullife30, vaidehi71 and MNR like this.
  5. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

1 . Reading..
    I always try to read something or the the novel.. I try to finish 2 novels in month

2. Movies/ Definite Series Serials.
    I always watch on the go.. Like while travelling .. I love to watch movies.

3. Gardening
    I cant say m pro in that .. but keep trying for something or the other

4.As festivals are round the corner into trying new savories.. keep reading in my free time :D :D

5. Blogging .. new passion i can say .. But I keep writing 1 - 2 article per week in my blogs. ..

vaidehi71, Suja9 and MNR like this.
  6. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

Thats ok.. we are not going for competition

vaidehi71 likes this.
  7. Suja9

Suja9 Silver IL'ite

Hahahaaaaa.. En dance ah pakka Michael Jackson kooptaga.. Jappan la Jackie Chan kooptaga... naan dan kannadi munnadi aadren... :roflmao: ROFL seeing your reply MNR..

rai, vaidehi71 and MNR like this.
  8. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

Problem with me is.. I can not keep up for more than 2 months.
    New recipes I try once or twice in month.
    Regarding movies serials, they are easy, they do not need to buy our energy and dedication.

9. cherrybud

cherrybud Silver IL'ite

@MNR
    its an interesting tread.
    i also have tried my hand in various hobbies.
    i used to write and did saree embroidery for some time. dont know why but these days dont feel like writing.
    past one year is a period of test for us. we suffered a lot in our life due to some unexpected troubles in our business and to divert our mind from the depression we (me and my husband) turned towards kitchen gardening and backyard poultry. we did organic method and now me, my mother and my pils take care of that and we are able to earn little from our poultry as our farm fresh eggs are welcomed great because of their organic nature. so its a hobby turned business now with the grace of God.

10. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

Good that your hobby turned as business. Keep it up.