1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Life Journey With My Special Kid!

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Swethasri, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

We can give our input based on individual experience it’s up to parents to research we cannot judge anything. Please be kind to others when replying.

2. Mathima

Mathima Bronze IL'ite

Hmmm..OK..thanks for ur reply..

3. Mathima

Mathima Bronze IL'ite

He hate fruits too. That's the main concern, apart from some millet sweets he won't have any snacks at all.ground nut n dry fruits sometimes. Chapathi n puri I stopped n milk too a sip sometimes when I'm having. .
    Trying hard to make him eat fruits n raw veggies. Let's see..

4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This start of the school year is such a trigger for me. I see everyone around me going to meet the teachers, buying school supplies, worrying about tennis and soccer clubs, adding math classes in the mix and I just lose it. I wonder if this year will be year we finally converse with each other. I wonder if this year I will finally find the right fit school for him, where he can make a friend or two. I wonder if this school year I can do something typical with him instead of carting him from school to therapy and more therapy. When everyone else is learning to play a musical instrument, mine is working hard in therapy learning to communicate. Sometimes, this is very hard. Especially when he asks to go to the playground and I have to take him to therapy instead. Wonder why it has to be so hard for him.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Laks09 likes this.
  6. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

I am in the same boat.
    Hugs @Laks09

Laks09 likes this.
  7. Mathima

Mathima Bronze IL'ite

U telecasted my feelings. When it's going to be normal for us. Looking for a relief medically, physically ,spiritually in whatever ways came across.
    Even when he doing a new thing like any normal kid b4 getting happy, brain wants to confirm whether this is coz of any sensory issue r this one DAT one.
    Wtever other kids doing everything vanished juz coz they talked, but ours minor one becoming a mountain like thing.
    But Finally I'm not going to lose myself n not my kid to suffer. Made him to this much in these years will make him better in future too..
    So don't worry@laks09 v will make them lead a happy independent life.. Kudos to ur kid.

Laks09 likes this.
  8. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hang in there girls, when i see you and your lo's, what i went through is a breeze,though it has been a uphill task and still is..what with not much help or support available at that point .. he is coming home today,because he is upset and frustrated and have a long day to listen, help..it is a ongoing process as such..

One day at a time..sometimes it is hr by hr..it is ok, after all he has taught me patience ..

Hugs, and one day it will happen..hope keeps us afloat..

Laks09 likes this.
  10. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Shanvy, @Sunshine04 and @Mathima - Thanks ladies. I value your support.

Sunshine - Just what I needed. How did you know? I’m saving the piece!!!

Sunshine04 likes this.