1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

my life and wife sucks, what to do, not sure, please help

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by rosadom, May 7, 2013.

What to do

1. disappear with my kid to some remote forests of africa

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. kick her out and say thank you, will see what happens next

15 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. return to india and take kid back to my own family and fight her as case be

22 vote(s)
    48.9%
  4. do nothing, keep it as it is, get used to it

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. rosadom

rosadom Senior IL'ite

Got married 6 years ago, have 2 year old kid.
    My wife has been living a life here with me as if she is just here to live as a roommate with me (temporary basis), her everything is her family, parents, brothers, sisters, their kids and so on. Me, my family, my brothers and sisters are just nobody for her. She is on phone, cam with them most of the time when she is not sleeping.

It was my mistake, after marriage i thought as a educated person she knows right and wrong and gave her full space and liberty to do whatever she liked, never questioned anything but now this hurts me badly.
    She does not work, neither outside nor inside home. Although she used to work before baby was borne. I have to listen everyday that she has made a great sacrifice for MY family.

On top of that she just makes program with her families to visit India (her family only, if i beg she will visit my home for 1-2 days so that i can save my face in front of my parents), based on their convenience, this morning she told (ordered) me that we have to go to India in Late August and ordered to look for tickets and apply vacation.

When we go to India, she shops ultra expensive gifts for her entire family (usually above 500$/pp anything cheap will not do), most things we don't have here but her family has in India thanks to dozens of trips over the years. her brothers and sisters have already send her their wish list for themselves and their numerous kids.

Guys and Gals, help me to get out, i am here just for my kid, i don't want to spoil her childhood, thankfully so far we have kept it separate from her and she is happy child and does not have any idea what is going on. She knows everyone on my wife's family and nobody on my family.

I am zero confidence that any discussion and counselling is going to change here have tried already, was threatened for severe legal action here and in India (though i am not afraid of it at all), what is my option? other than just being taken for granted like this. I don't think i can live without my kid, i don't see any option left, do you?

2. internet

internet Silver IL'ite

Hi rosadom,

I hope this is not a troll.

If whatever you wrote is true, then my perspective is :

Be a Man, stop listening and following her instructions. Be stern with her. Ask her to stay with you in India in your parents house. Let your kid spend time with your parents. Don't buy gifts to anyone. Don't worry about separation, I am sure even if your are the one is who is willing for it, she will not come forward. Based on your post, you dance to her tunes, so where on earth will she find a husband like you again..

3. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

:eek:mg:your DW is behaving like a typical desi H and you are behaving like a real desi patni , staying in the marriage for the sake of the kid!!!!
    Having a poll for personal problem????
    Trolls in midweek,thought it was a weekend activity ???? :bonk

16 people like this.
  4. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,
    I have picked the 3rd option based on the information provided, but I would like to ask you a few questions:
    -Who does the cooking, cleaning etc. at home?
    -Who looks after your child?
    -Why can't you say no, if you don't want her to buy expensive gifts for her parents/siblings?
    -Do you love her at all?
    The best thing to do would be to talk things out with your wife about everything.

3 people like this.
  5. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

.....deleted.......

Me too voted for option no.3.

6. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

7. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

My guess is, it's a woman posing as man to get a different perspective.

2 people like this.
  8. rosadom

rosadom Senior IL'ite

Its not a troll guys, not a women posing as man. Its true, trust me. I love my daughter so much, when i see her when i return from work, i talk to fer 5 mins, it takes away all my pain. I don't want to spoil her childhood, and i am so used to her, its difficult to think of a life without her.

Some of the questions that you guys asked, we have maid to do cleaning and washing clothes etc, i bring all the stuff that is needed on weekly basis, my wife does some cooking for kid and herself i load the dishwasher if not done already (3-4 days a week). Weekends we all eat out most meals or order for delivery. I eat out mostly as i leave for work early morning and return late, it sucks at work too, but i get paid well.
    I don't love love her at all, it has been over a year we made love but i have this amazing ability to be in peace with people i don't like. I am done with her, focus is just the daughter.
    One thing is true, i always believed things will sort out themselves but not happening in this case. The poll options are just random thoughts that come to my mind. I am not expecting this board will solve my problem, just want to share and see what views come forward.

8 people like this.
  9. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

u get 40% for option number 1 and 3. so make your choice. i opted for number 1. :thumbsup

10. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

1. just discuss with her on all these(we think that u already did), but tell us what her reply in case.

2. Taking back to india is ok, but not with ur family(better to be far than making troubles by own)

3. Just ignore her family(but not disrespecting way)

4. If she not ready to listen to u, she will leaving by herself without ur efforts.

1 person likes this.