1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My last wish

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 21, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I dont know how long I am going to live and after death how I will be. I am not going to write any will as my chidren say they want only my presence and not the money, otherwise also if a will is written it will be written by my husband but he also says children know everything they will take care. He already does not have any wishes wants to do social work and that is his wish always.

I am getting so much addicted to IL here, this has become my second home and everyday come running here after finishing here to chat with my friends and share my experiences and bore everyone.

When my father was laid with cancer , on his last day my grandmother knew that he will leave the world anytime on that particular day, so she told of us to be strong and can hear the news of his death during the day. Same way I feel I should also know before I die so that I can take leave from everyone here before leaving this wonderful world and this wonderful site and go happily saying good bye to all my dear and near ones. Otherwise also I have told my daughter to post here about me after I go.

My wish is also that my husband should go first when his time comes,because I know without me he will be lost though my children will take good care of him. He should live another 10 years or more than that and we should celebrate his 80th Birthday with the grandchildren

Sorry friends you all will say that why write about this when you are going to live long but still you all know I cant keep anything in my heart if I let it out only I feel relieved. I might live for more years. Nothing is in ourhands . All His will.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Surely have to ask you WHY Viji Ma ????
    How will I comfort you with my words Ma.
    Like this:
    If a chapter closes in your life,
    and a new one will starts for you,
    may your LIVING years be filled
    with all the things
    you're looking forward to!

OR like this:

’Tis not the end;
    ’Tis a beginning, dear friend;
    ’Tis a Godsend;
    And He will fend.

So, keep your calm;
    Retirement’s a balm,
    For wearied body, mind!
    A new happiness, you’ll find.....

God has provided;
    God will decide;
    Just rest awhile
    And wear a smile.

[​IMG]Hope you conquer new skies!All the best.

3. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Dear Viji maa

You will live for more and more years and that too as a deergha sumangali.

You will celebrate your husband's 80th birthday with Gopika, Pratima and all your releatives happily.

Don't get tensed by the silly thoughts.

Always be cheerful and happy because you are aperson worth to be happy.
    Always be there for we want you in IL also for us to be happy

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saroj

You made me happy by your wonderful poem. From do you get such lovely thoughts and poems andthat too immediately. I am waiting for the day when I will get a chance to come to your house to see eveything. You have made my day dear with your wonderful poem and good wishes. Thanks is a small word but lot of meaning in it. In this busy world it is refreshing to find people who still have the time to be kind.

love
    viji

5. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Can't bear the "parting" Viji Ma..
    Had seen and felt many close of mine.
    So immediately responded your wishes, of course not last.
    Came empty handed and "going to be EMPTY".In between all these possessions and perception.
    Lets expect our last journey but not with preparation....but with satisfaction.

Chance will come for our meeting..Lets wait till.For that you have to live little long na.SO If my wishing brings you many years to live,let me wish you 100 years.[​IMG]

6. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    When I read your post, these words flashed in my mind:
    If you're respectful by habit,
    constantly honoring the worthy,
    four things increase:
    long life, beauty,
    happiness, strength.”I feel this will suit you very much.I wish you and your DH, ' A long happy married life."

with love
    pad

7. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

Dear Viji,

What happened to you ? surely we will receive your 80th birthday invitation. wish you both a healthy and long married life . god is great.

raji

8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji
    There is a scene in the epic movie Ten Commandments where King Ramses I lies dying. His niece is sitting by his side telling him that he has many more years to live and not to worry about his death. The King smiles and replies that 'dying is a part of living' Most of us talk as if they are two different things. As Hindus we know only too well that one leads to the other. Adi Sankara conveys this message powerfully in Bajagovindam when he sings 'Punarapi Jananam, punarapi maranam'

Each is a fresh journey though. We don't get to travel with the same passengers in every journey. The cycle of life too is similar. When we are on a long journey like to Delhi and beyond, we become so close to our fellow travelers. We share everything with them and I have seen some people telling each other their deepest feelings about their sons and daughters to the fellow travelers. When we reach our destination, we just walk away forgetting the fellow travelers.

Though dying is part of living, we desist from talking about it because of all our unfinished duties of the present life. Thoughts of death may inhibit us from discharging our duties effectively. You have a duty not only to your family but to your friends like us here in IL. Do not depress us by talking about the end. It will come when it must. Talk about how you are going to keep us enthralled for so long as you shall live!
    Sri

9. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji mami.....though I am younger than you I pray to God and bless you with a longgggggggg life to always be there with us.........

10. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

My dear Iyerviji - You never failed to make us happy with your lively blogs, talking to us all the time in the games forum and nowadays with your poems too and today you made us all sad. Why anticipate,worry or talk about death? When it has to happen it will happen and no one has the power to postpone death. Though the after-effects of death could be tragical death by itself is not a tragedy. Live each day as though it's your birthday and leave everything to Him. We expect more and more of your lovely,lively and innocent talks with us my friend..