1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My husband is an sex addict.(is this normal.?)

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by tensed, May 11, 2010.

1. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

Tensed, I am not sure if I get this right but you feel drained out after sex while he still wants to keep going? In that case, congratulations !! You are probably the luckiest woman in the world and you should be popping open the champagne instead of complaining LOL I am dead serious on this, LOL aside.

2. tensed

tensed New IL'ite

I dont understand whats so great if my hubby still wants to keep going.
    I cannot take it for a long time, that to twice a day or the last 11 months.
    Dont honestly feel that this tis too much.

1 person likes this.
  3. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Tensed

When you think its enough!!! you should tell him firmly to backoff! That should be the norm! If you are not able to put it across firmly and say he is not listening, I dont think that sounds like as if you were even trying. Am sure if you tell him firmly he would understand. Point here is...whether you want to be firm on saying NO or not!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. payalg

payalg New IL'ite

I agree with other responders, it is a problem but a good problem to have.

In most cases the problem is other way round and thats much harder to fix.

Having said that doing A--L while you are on periods is I guess is not sexy - it is more like carnal pleasures than love making.

You definately need to see how u can tone it down - maybe have longer but fewer sessions. More foreplay so it can reduce the time of actual intercourse, etc.etc.

Good luck

5. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Tensed I feel for you. Having sex twice a day would be too much for me too. My best friend's husband is like yours. He even wanted to have sex 3 days after my friend's 4th c-section and got pissed off because she refused. After a while, sex like this becomes less of love-making, but more a physical act in which the man gets what he wants but the woman gets nothing. My friend says there is no way to control the guy's urges so she just lets him do whatever he wants so she can get over it and move on.

His urges may be normal for him. And he really cannot do anything to control it. That's just how some men are.

I really don't know how can control him. Maybe not be around when you think he wants it? Or encourage him to masturbate?

6. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Pooja,
    Its not true that it is all uncontrollable. Thats baloney.
    And if it is that uncontrollable and if someone has had a c-section or just tired or whatever the reason, you have already listed a good solution in your post.

Forcing after a firm no is no fun, I dunno why some guys think its still cool.
    Some amount of cajoling is acceptable, and maybe a tiny bit of coercion sometimes, but an outright tired or no is a clear answer usually. Infact it is ONLY fun when both are up for it.

Last edited: May 13, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  7. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

you crack me up :)

the uncontrollable part came direct from the horse's mouth so to say aka my dear friend's husband. he told her that he could not control his urges and had to do the deed or he's just die of frustration. I told her to ask him what he did before he got married :rotfland he did not have an answer for that!

1 person likes this.
  8. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

That guy is a weird idiot. Not mincing words. Yeah right, he'll die of frustration. Idjet. :rotfl

9. tensed

tensed New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your comments pmahensa.
    I think you are the only one who has understood my problem.
    As you rightly said, it has just become a mere physical act rather than making love.

SriVidya75: Its not that i have not been trying, i tried by all means i could.

payalg:Thanks for you comments too, i will work on them.

10. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

You are right. Its not easy for some men to control. Every man is different , there is no way to say that all men have same urge level. There are some men who can abstain for months and months, while others cannot wait for days. Urge can be normal to have it more than once a day or more frequently than normal . But to ask after C section or when wife is sick and does not want it and get mad that is not normal. First of all to ask is not normal when wife has undergone C section just 3 days back.

Last edited: May 13, 2010